Carlton Criterium

Anglian

Devout Dirtbag
Just bought myself an early christmas pressie, a 1980 Carlton Criterium from flea bay. Had one of these brand new in '79 so now at 48 I can relive my youth. Will assess it on collection, probably have a few rides and then consider how much restoration I will undertake. (You could be commissioned Kamikazee rider)

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 2,269
I was watching that one, I am planning to sell mine and I wanted to see what they are fetching. It looks to be a nice example.

Judging by the pictures I wouldn't really do any restoration at all, just enjoy it and keep it clean really. Mine is in similar condition and that's pretty much what I've done.

A great buy :)

Having sold off a collection last year I can see prices seem to be well down so a good time for buyers.

Should hopefully be in my possession next week, will upload my own pictures then, I must admit I was well pleased with the purchase price£110......bargain (although I have over 300mile round trip for collection!) And big bro I will not be fitting a baby seat!! my newborn Grandson will have stick in his pram.....this ones for Grandad!

Oh, I am 47 and had one as a teenager,and yes I was watching too but decided it was a good distance to fetch.
Glad it found a good home,hope you enjoy!

Distance.....I have a 165miles from Essex to Glos collect, then another 200 miles from there to Kent to take a frame off to Kamakazerider and drop my Son off, then another 110 miles back to Essex.....Road Trip!! :D Out the next day so if not to knackered might get to ride it on the Sunday!! :D

And yes I fully intend to enjoy it :cool: been positve comments on here about my purchase which makes me even more happy about it. My only other steed is a Carrera Zelos purchased in May....loving cycling after a three decade absence :D

I had also been watching this Carlton on ebay. Thought it looked pretty original. The distance killed it for me or I could have been tempted.

Just bought a Corsair for £40.00 plus £20.00 delivery. All original. Chuffed with my purchase.

Would be grateful if you can advise on the brake levers when you take delivery. Are they weinmanns?

Back