.. Banesto Pinarello Oria ML34 - here it is...

gridno27

rBotM Winner
Hi - I am a collector from Germany - I collect of bikes driven by PROs in the 90s.
Now I have the ONE - I looked for many years ... a rare Banesto Pinarello Team Replica build up by Oria ML34 tubes.

With reference to the Big Basque Miguel Indurain - I like to build up it in original as possible
(I know that Indurain rode a Pinarello labled Special Edition of Dario Pegoretti with longer headtube and shortener tob tube)

My prospected specification will be (incl. Sidi Technos & a Bollé sun glasses)

Campagnolo Record 8-speed from 1995 (driven in 1993/1994 by the PROs) - not C-Record
- Ergopower 2x8s (Carbon BB-Systems
- Record Dual Pivot brake calipers
- Record Crankset inkl. BB italian
- Record Rear Derailleur 8s
- Record Front Derailleur 2x8 braze
- Record rear hub 8s 36 holes 130 mm
- Record front 100 mm 36 holes
- Record 1' Headset
- Record seat post (not Aero)
Campagnolo OMEGA 19 tubular 36 holes rims
Vittoria EVO Corsa SC (Looks nearly like Retro tyres)
Selle Itaila Turbo matic2
ITM 400 quill stem in black
ITM handle bar (type has to be investigated - if someon knows - thank you)
TIME TBT Criterium pedals - 5 wins Edition Chrome

Greetings from Germany
gridno27

Attachments

• Banesto_01.jpg
    Banesto_01.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 4,060
  • Banesto_02.jpg
    Banesto_02.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 4,059
  • Banesto_03.jpg
    Banesto_03.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 4,058
I really love the way they painted the top of the forks and kept the rest chromed, and the transfer on the side of the fork makes that detail really smart .
bars ? i think black, white lettering and curved side on , ive got some pics ,i will have a look.
i think his shades at one time were rudy projects.
i was waiting for something like this to happen, after all he won the tdf what 6 times,? his resting hr
was 28bpm.he came charging past me '94... super cool giant, the fittest man in the world at that time!

...and not forget his 600 Watt out put for nearly one hour on this up hill ride to loose all his competitors ( I love this video - when all his competitors flew away ... - Rominger said ... it looks like he is sitting on a motorcycle, he always smiled and constantly speed up to turn the crank)

and here is a pic from the original TdF '94 bike of Indurain
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joehendrix ... otostream/

It shows the special edition for Indurain - this bike build especially for him bei Dario Pegoretti - you can't buy such a bike
Rumours says it was a OriaML34 in size 59 Version with a down shifted 20 mm shorter top tube (it's a compromise for stability and his up right position), why
esp. seat tube and and the top tube looks like it's longer.

Within this pic the bike equiped with a ITM 400 quill stem and a 1995 Campagnolo Record group set inkl. the Record aero seat post (C-Record). On other pics from 1994
you see often the 1995 Record straight seat post. There are also pics from earlier years with a silver ITM Eclypse and a black ITM bar - I think it will be SuperEuropa or
a SuperEuropa2 from Italmanubri (ITM) Saddle mostly was a turbo in the beginning an a turbo matic2 later on.

Attachments

• induarain.jpg
    induarain.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 3,870
HI, I much prefer the blk 400 stem[the 90/s was certainly a decade for choice of stem/s and indeed shades---if anyones got a pair of briko stinger/s for sale please pm me] maybe the 'eclipse' stem was used in the mountain stages ? personally i dont like it ,it always struck me as a bit of a copy of the'cinelli grammo' which is arguably the most attractive quill stem ever made apart from those beautifully engraved vintage ones with the bolt sticking out on top . I do like those blk itm bars though, augh , but no head tube badge, just some subtle paint is viewed.
out of interest what pedals did The big mig use ?

Back