1980 Gios Torino Super Record Chrome

Rolling Thunder

Retro Guru
Just finished treating this internally and externally for rust spots with various Bilt Hamber products. The few that remain are minor, and from the outside in...thankfully.

Later today I'll be leaving her with my LBS for building. I'm not going downtube shifters, though I will be riding her in next year's Eroica with period groupo and kit.

I think I have about 5 years of riding her in this all chrome state, before I have her repainted, perhaps in original blue.

10588646123_5b56d46048_o.jpg

All chromed frames providing the chroming has been professionally done looks awesome & you have a lovely frame there my friend :)

Thanks Gents.

I spoke to Marco Gios about it, and he said they did a limited line of all Chrome Torino SR frames (as well as Professional frames).

This one has been redone once. It has a few rust patches I've treated, as well as treating her internally, so I hope to be able to ride her in this state for a few years.

In the future, when the rust gets too much I'll check the feasibility of rechroming, and if that's a no go, I'll go original blue with blue decal backing and white lettering.

Thanks,

The rust spots are very small, and I've treated the frame internally and externally as well. The spots are under the TT and around some of the lugging.

I think I'll have to accept defeat in a couple of years, as all chrome frames will always have this issue with them.

I'll probably have to have her redone in a few years in original Gios blue, or I might just go for some outlandish colour instead!

Thanks Salsaboy,

friend of mine just finished cutting the fork down and cleaning up the thread. Hopefully the build will be completed tomorrow.

Back