1983 Walvale 531c Full Restoration Finished !

Campaghunter

Dirt Disciple
This is my Walvale I had hand built for me in October 1983. Everything is original bar the tape, hoods, tyres and cables. After a decade or more in the garage I decided to clean it up. Months later after spending a small fortune on Autosol here it is. It was ridden in hundreds of races and won one or two.

It is Reynols 531c, Cinelli lugs, Campag Ends and mostly Campagnolo Super Record. Rear mech is Nuovo Record, pedals are Campag Pista steel, Cinelli Bars and stem, Christophe toe clips and Binda straps. Brakes are Dura Ace Gen II. Mavic G40 rims (also got GP4 and Fiamme rims), Sella Italia Turbo saddle and TA.

I had the bottom bracket made a half inch higher than normal and used track pedals to improve clearance in criteriums.

I still have it's predecessor, also a Walvale, that is work in progress but will also return in all it's glory soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 892
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 892
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 892
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 892
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 892
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 892
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 892
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 892
Nice build indeed & the cinelli stem I hope still have plenty of meat inside the fork ?

Thanks for the comments. I raised the stem slightly as I am not as flexible as I was when I was teenager ! I think I will double check the depth now you mention it....

hi dont suppose your selling your other walvale?is it around 23 inch,i too had one built for me and lost it......felt that loss ever since,or maybe you know of a frame?
thanks

My other one is a 22 inch frame I had made for me before the one in the pictures. I won't sell then but will post on here if I see any that come up.

Hope you find one.

Hi, no I don't plan to sell the other one thanks. I am restoring that one now. Barring a currently seized seat post it is also immaculate.

Good luck in your hunt.

Latest posts

Back