2007 Bianchi Virata

theanswer75

Dirt Disciple
Been looking for one of these frames for about three years and one happened to fall into my lap this week. This is a pretty unique frame in my opinion. Columbus? steel main triangle with Dedacciai carbon stays. Was 4 lbs 13 oz on the scale with frame, fork, and campy record headset. 1 lbs even heavier than my CAAD 8 frame I pilfered the parts from. Only slightly less stiff(could be my imagination) but rides like a cloud compared to the cannondale.

Better pictures later

OVXiXDN.jpg

tYf5OpN.jpg

SO4M5Hn.jpg

Re:

Nice. A '90s nivachrom steel Bianchi would be my choice as I remember oggling them bitd when I couldn't afford one.. is it nice to ride ?

Mike

Re:

The 22mm gatorskins are a little harsh, but they will be gone soon. When i had 28's on there it was like a cloud.

Why have you got a cable adjuster in the outer gear casing when you already have ones on the frame & one on the rear gear?? just seems a bit Odd to me!!

stringfellow1946":2u4e81rr said:
Why have you got a cable adjuster in the outer gear casing when you already have ones on the frame & one on the rear gear?? just seems a bit Odd to me!!
Most modern bikes are like this! Enables you to finely tune the gearing as you ride.

Ian Raleigh":1jy8jfzr said:
stringfellow1946":1jy8jfzr said:
Most modern bikes are like this! Enables you to finely tune the gearing as you ride.

The only bikes that have adjusters in the gear cable outers are those that don't have screw cable adjuster attached to the frame lugs, (and this particular Bianchi has them)
One make that springs to mind is Giant some of their compact frames don't, they just have as cable stop lug (like the brake cable lugs on top tubes) hence the need for the adjuster to be in the outer gear casing.

Back