Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:45 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Re: Lo Pro
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:43 pm 
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner

Bit of a surprise to see me there as I never gave the site those pics.... Most of the Chesini I have come across have the 24" front wheel & yours is more likely a moser low pro.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:56 pm 
Retro Guru

I think you appear on a few other pages as well.

Be interested to get your thoughts on why you think Moser? Another RB member has also said Moser, I haven't the knowledge to look at a frame and pick out a maker...would appreciate a few minutes of your time if you wouldn't mind explaining... :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:47 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Not sure it looks very Moser ish, by the early 90's the frames I have seen are mostly fastback stays and looking for lightness it would have been made with Oria tubing which has ridges down the tubes......

or am I in the wrong era as usual?

Shaun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:23 am 

FINNEY1973 wrote:
I think you appear on a few other pages as well.

Be interested to get your thoughts on why you think Moser? Another RB member has also said Moser, I haven't the knowledge to look at a frame and pick out a maker...would appreciate a few minutes of your time if you wouldn't mind explaining... :)

Well as a colleague used to own a low pro Moser & some else had a Benotto Low pro they really looked just like yours with similar seat stays brazed into the seat tube & the curved top tube similar also. But with that special chrome job you have a stylish low pro that is deserving of a single ring set up but then being of Italian origin they liked a roadbike set up. A Cinelli stem would be a big plus though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:47 pm 
Retro Guru

I've got this as mid to late 80's Shaun - 126mm rear end though of course it could later - who knows, the whole thing is a conundrum! Not to many reference points to work from.

Cheers Nob - interesting and thanks for the input. I reckon another few hours researching the finer details of the various Italian makers of the day may throw up a few things that may eliminate a few of them so I can narrow it down. That does of course mean looking at lots of bikes - such a chore :wink: Your deadly keen on this single ring set up - I may just get round to it if I can source a period chainring that looks the part. Did MDT do Shimano fitment?

As for the stem, well i'm on the hunt for a Cinelli Oyster but in the meantime it'll be a 3TTT Record stem that cost a princely sum of £1.04!!