1985 Eddy Merckx Time Trial

bramv

Dirt Disciple
After emailing back and forth with Richard (TGR), he told me to show some of my bikes here.
Now, a few months later i started this built and registered here and there it is, my '85 Merckx pursuit.

IMG_0866

i also had this laying around and tought it would do honor to the frame and vice versa

IMG_0867

But first, a bike is not a bike without some "decent" wheels. With the frame came a 650c mavic 4 CD laced on a suntour gpx hub, so went to search a 700c mavic and about a month ago i've found one for a small price. let the lacing begin.

IMG_0884

a little help came unexpected

IMG_0886

IMG_0891

IMG_0888

IMG_0906

IMG_0916

IMG_0922

IMG_0918

IMG_0936

IMG_0934

IMG_0932

And this is where i am for now, next things to do are:

- drill holes in the steer for cable routing
- change BB because it's to big
- go pick some leather for some almarc style steering wrap that matches the saddle

also, i'm still searching a chain to match, i found a suntour chain with messing/gold like outer plates and black inner. regina extra oro is a bit to expensive, or will i just go for some clean silver chain?
oh, some c record aero pedals and a 700c Wolber SL19 tire are also on the wanted list.

feel free to tell me what you think of it :)

And i apologize in advance for bad writing/spelling.

cheers, Bram

Nice project

I've never ridden a Lo-Pro can you tell me how one would go about sizing one, I can ride up to a 56cm traditional frame

Awesome looking bike. What's that T-shaped spoke key you've got? Does that help fit the spoke nipple onto the end of the spoke without dropping it into the rim section? I wouldn't mind one of them if that's what it does.

Jonny69":3bbm87jd said:
Awesome looking bike. What's that T-shaped spoke key you've got? Does that help fit the spoke nipple onto the end of the spoke without dropping it into the rim section? I wouldn't mind one of them if that's what it does.

it's just an old 14g spoke, folded in a T-shape with some electric tape around it, and a brass nipple filed flat and screwed on there backwords :)

For a Lo-Pro you still need the correct position of the legs so the seat tube stays the same............it's just the front end that's lower (ish)

Mini Bikes are a tad different.

Shaun

Take a look at the KMC chains as you can have them in gold & silver & some other colors also.

Back