Midas

emjay

Gold Trader
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Does anyone know anything about MIDAS bikes.
I had one in the early to mid nineties 653 frame and forks
I have a pic somewhere will try to fish it out.

Here it is.
Sorry about the quality. This was taken mid nineties.

Attachments

• Midas.jpg
    Midas.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,675
I really think your background needs some serious renovation work or is it off the 'Coronation Street' set from the 90's :)

Nob":3s3qb168 said:
I really think your background needs some serious renovation work or is it off the 'Coronation Street' set from the 90's :)

Now then Nob, not everyone here is familiar (yet!) with your obsession over photographic backgrounds. Don't worry to much Emjay, he doesn't mean it :D

Well, not to seriously anyway :roll:

After a while you get used to it.

Eventually.

You have to..................... :facepalm:

Re:

I'v just been give a road bike with 'Midas' decals. I have been able to find out nothing so far about Midas! If anyone knows anything I'd love to find out some more about who they were, where they were based and what sort of quality there bikes were etc. I know very little about road bikes or bikes in general, I would like to restore the bike and get it road worthy etc. The bike has sentimental value to my partner who would like to see it fixed up and getting used. I've never had a road bike but always fancied one so I'm really pleased to have it, even though it might not be worth much in other people's opinions!

A few pics:

IMG_20160412_163955.jpg

IMG_20160412_163913.jpg

IMG_20160412_163934.jpg

IMG_20160412_163849.jpg

IMG_20160412_164055.jpg

Cheers.

Sorry, didn't manage to find any more info on the bike I'm afraid.

I think it may have a North west connection.

I bought my Midas (used) from a bike shop in southport (not leisure lakes) around 92/93, Unfortunately I didn't ask any questions regarding who the builder was. :facepalm:

The only snippet of info I was given, was a couple of years later. I was repairing a puncture on the summit of parbold hill when another Midas rolled up behind me. The guy believed they originated from leyland (lancs), under the name of Mike Dickson or Dickinson, but years later when I attempted to research those names, no results came up.

Re:

That's interesting as in live in the north west, a few miles from parbold and Southport. The bike was my girlfriend's dad's. I wonder if it was him you met on parbold hill on this same bike? Small world!

Back