Frame geometry and fitting

47p2

Senior Retro Guru
In a bid to try and better understand why I couldn't fine a comfortable position on my Focus Cayo yet the Trigon felt good I decided to do some photography for comparisons. I realise that both frames are different sizes and different angles but it really shouldn't be too difficult to sort the problem out...or so I thought. I had already changed the seatpost on the Focus for a 32mm setback to allow me to 'stretch' my legs a bit more and that made a big improvement although not perfect, so I decided to change the stem for a 110mm instead of the standard 90mm, that seemed to be when everything went wrong and it felt like I needed to go back to the start.

This led me to taking pictures of the two carbon bikes and making them into an animated gif. I then studied the pictures to try and find a better solution to my problem. The Focus seatpost was too high, the handlebars needed tilting up a bit and now with my tweaking done, hopefully it should be a lot better. I will upload the gif once I have made it.

Here is a gif I made of the Peugeot, the Alan and the Graham Weigh, there was no point in including these bikes into the carbon bike gif as the geometry is completely different. it has brought to my attention that I need to change a few things on these bikes too, and who knows it just might be for the better. Incidentally when I got back into the saddle 7 months ago I had to lower the Peugeots saddle quite a bit and raise the handle bars as I found the original position very uncomfortable, I have now raised the saddle somewhat but not to the original position it was in and the handlebars are still in the raised position

test-1.gif

This was my original settings
originalcarbon.gif

With adjustments made
Carbonadjusted.gif

Before and after with the Focus
CompareFocus.gif

...this thread is giving me a headache. If I was of the disturbed MTV blipvert generation with an attention grabbing span of 1 / 1000th of a second then perhaps I could follow and focus more on the pictures.

Can you put a pause button somewhere?

Back