Raleigh Lenton 1951

Rainbowdave

Dirt Disciple
Hello all.
Here's my Lenton. Most parts are from the bin other than the bar tape, a tube and the front tyre. Many people ask when ill be painting it. Never!!! I love that it tells a story, even if I don't know exactly what that story is.

The wheels are from a Charge that I bought (and sold for more than I paid). I laid some chequered tape inside the rim, before re-lacing it to a Normandy hub I found.

The bars are north roads but turned upside down. I love the look they give, but more importantly, they ride super nice. I can't really ride drops due to my back.
The stem is a Tony Merkin, found in a box in a garage, the only other item in the box was a cheap plastic hand pump.
The speedo consists of a 70's Huret speedo housing. This contains a Cateye computer and I covered the ugliness of the speedo with some Laura Ashley wallpaper.
The big Lucas lamp contains a Smart light, so I just flip open the lens and switch it on, the tape is holding the lens in place. The rear lamp contains a bump activated red l.e.d dust cap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 524
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 524
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 524
Is it a fixed wheel or a backpedal brake?

I miss riding fixed wheel, did a big skid and broke the threading... happy days.

Back