My Lemond

Spear45

Retro Guru
I have owned this since new,bought as frame only and built up with record groupset.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 6,019
There is something about the geometry of these frames that I like, some day I might own one.

Lemond usually went for a long top tube,he had a long back and liked the stretched out position. I've had Colnago's,Merckx and Cinelli frames and this which I've had for almost 20 years. It's now part of the family and could never see myself selling it. I plan to do some subtle period upgrades and will post new pics as I do it.

hi , i doubt if i will ever sell my glx either , i bought it in the mid 90/s it has an interesting seat tube badge and i will launch a close up of it one day . It cost me £ 250 fr+forks
I believe there was a cross over from the billato factory in Italy from the 'z' team tsx's . perhaps a gan lemond
could be viewed as a tsx with different lugs and tubing or in some cases the same lugs as the tsx with a non rounded fork crown on some of these .and a GLx as opposed to greg's inverted triangle/with an 'L' IN the midddle
the handling is very good,that is , as good as the end of your crank arms will allow.. chris boardman rode one of these..i believe in 93/94 .

Hello,I'll post the number next week as I'm away with work this week.I read the last Glx frames were made up of bits left in Italy before he got Trek to make frames. Mine is an Excel Glx superlight tubing model,some had hand made on the rear brake bridge but mine is blank.

great any chance close up seat tube badge .
ive always wondered if TREK up held greg lemonds formula for geometry namely longer top tubes and relaxe
d seat tubes with their steel [853] and alloy lemond range . Was it trek who decided to slope thei top tube ? probably .
As for re naming their oclv Lemond , bit naughty that !

I've got one of those too in that colour scheme. I built it up with Campag Chorus... done about 50 miles only Grey Mavic SUP rims... I'll have to take it out of it's storage bag and get a photo.

Back