New Project

pauln

Dirt Disciple
I sold my Puch Super Sprint about 20 years ago. I did a deal with the guy I bought it from and its mine again all I had to do was collect it;

When I had cut it out and brought it home it looked like this;

The tree has now been cut away and (with some spokes, wheels scrap anyway). The plan is to shrink the frame slightly (it was a 23" frame bought for me when I was 13 so it's always been too big) replace the crushed chainstays, paint it purple again and fit some new 27" wheels I have built.

pauln":186i0d0d said:
The tree has now been cut away and (with some spokes, wheels scrap anyway). The plan is to shrink the frame slightly (it was a 23" frame bought for me when I was 13 so it's always been too big) replace the crushed chainstays, paint it purple again and fit some new 27" wheels I have built.

The plan is to "shrink it?"

Wow you must really love that bike. But far be it for me to throw cold water on a project that saves a bike from the scrap heap. Interesting to see what happens.

Steven

Never seen a tree growing through a bike before :) I used to sell those lights, more drag than a parachute and the front used to fall off into the road but sell well :)

Have you seen Storage Hunters........Brandon and Lori would love to know what was under the tarp in pic 1 :D

Best of luck.

Shaun

Weird how bike lights have evolved from huge, ugly bulky plastic things that break when you drop them into elegant, slim and attractive objects, while bike frames have evolved from elegant, slim and attractive objects into...

Johnsqual":29dcbb67 said:
Weird how bike lights have evolved from huge, ugly bulky plastic things that break when you drop them into elegant, slim and attractive objects, while bike frames have evolved from elegant, slim and attractive objects into...

:D :mrgreen: I wish there was a like button on here!

Midlife":10d5ws7y said:
Never seen a tree growing through a bike before :) I used to sell those lights, more drag than a parachute and the front used to fall off into the road but sell well :)

Have you seen Storage Hunters........Brandon and Lori would love to know what was under the tarp in pic 1 :D

Best of luck.

Shaun

Prepare to be underwelmed, its a couple of very mouldy foam seat covers, thanks for the encouragement though.

Tel":1gz5zr7f said:
Johnsqual":1gz5zr7f said:

:D :mrgreen: I wish there was a like button on here!

I agree, I thought i'd got over steel but I love it (you can do thing with steel at a skill level I can cope with).

Almost finished dismantling, frame is going to shrink from 23" to 21" and an inch is coming off the top tube;

Does anyone recognise the Puch purple in any easily available rattle can by any chance. I'm sure I saw a plasticote purple but i'm not sure how close it is;

Back