1993/4 Klein Quantum Z - updated with photos in last post

Yetidh9

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
WoW! Got my very first Klein bike. Klein bikes is new to me. When my riding buddies had Klein mountainbikes in the 90es I rode on Marin, Trek and Easton frames.... So this is a first-time experience. It came in by post from Berlin yesterday. This this is a pic that is pretty close to the condition that I got it in after my break-in ride.

Looking forward to setting it up after my preference and getting it a bit more into 93/4mode...

Attachments

• Klein Quantum first pic_reduceret.jpg
    Klein Quantum first pic_reduceret.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 2,572
Re: 1993/4 Klein Quantum Z

Ian Raleigh":3fghhz2r said:
Lovely paintwork.
Thanks. And fortunate the frame and paint is in very good shape. It is basally the parts that needs to be shined up or changed.

The plan is to set it up with DA 7400 sti (8speed) and Syncros stem/post and some Wolber rims on a set of nice FRM hubs that I have in the box-of-godies...

m m these look good with deep section rims , they are quite sort after . Could any one tell me please ,when did trek buy them out ?

Why Trek bought Klein out? This discussion is possible one of those that most people have opinions on... buy exactly why, I dont know. Must be something to do with trek wanting to have a highend brand in its range... Trek was not had a mid- and lowlevel image at that point.... Try to google the story a bit. Lots of different stuff is defiantly going to com up

Regarding the deepsection rims. Actually thinking of fitting as set of blue Mavic Cosmic Pro (approx 95)

Things are slowly comming up for my build.

Syncros Nos road post
7400 Sti
More correct flite ti

And I have found a way to go regarding wheelset:

Wanted to make a semiaro set. Was thinking of a Mavic Cosmic.... but wantet something abit more exotic... So I have fould these Ringlé hubs.

Rear must be milled down from 135 to 130... and I must find some rims that can run the straight-pull spokes upside down (nippels at hubside).
Considering rims at the moment... not really sure what to go for. Hubs are 20holes front and 28 rear...

Attachments

• Ringle 1.JPG
    Ringle 1.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 2,354
  • Ringle 2.JPG
    Ringle 2.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,354

and BTW... I picked this LARGE Quantum II op for a friend yesterday! It Was a rear bargin and the frame is in really good condition... shows here hanging in my garage (wish I could fit it... and keep it)

Attachments

• garage med Klein.jpg
    garage med Klein.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2,347
  • garage med klein II.jpg
    garage med klein II.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2,347

I have one in the same colour. I fitted it with 600, it looked good, but after riding Etape and then having an accident during the London 100, I lost a 600 badge off of the STI so have gone now for a full upgrade. It runs Dura Ace 770 (7400 cranks) and Mavic Kyserium Elites. It feels like a different bike to ride.

Enjoy your Klein

Hi,
Sounds like a nice ride with semimodern parts on! I has only been riding mine rather short with the downtube shifters...not my thing. So looking forward to have the sti series and 8peed drive train fitted.

Do you by any chance know if there is the white Klein and Quantum Z transfers available on the marked or one should have them made up? Mine are a bit scruffed...

Latest posts

Back