Project Carbon Pearson

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Not very retro really but it's retro inspired ;)

Picked up this carbon Pearson frame ages and ages ago and now I finally have it in the stand to start the build.

Inspiration for the build is 1986'ish Holdsworth Competition I think, anyway it was blackwith white writing, white saddle, cables, tape and hoods. As this bike is black with white writing I thought I'd try to capture that some simple, winning black and white colour combo.

Anyway this is the frame and Vento G3 wheels that will remain with the build:

Parts for the build is the engraved Campagnolo Veloce groupset:

Chainset - 10 speed Veloce - with engraved logo
P1120536.jpg

More pics here: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... %20Torque/

Athena Rear Mech - with engraved Script
P1140038.jpg

Veloce Front Mech - with engraved logo
P1140048.jpg

Veloce Non Skeleton Calipers - with engraved Script
P1140054.jpg

Veloce 10 Speed Ergos - with engraved logo
P1140060.jpg

More pictures of the parts here: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... ?start=all

I was going to use those parts on this bike: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=180340 but as things developed I had a change of plan....

I put the parts on that I could. On my shopping list I have front mech band (I brought a braze on as the parts were not originally intended for this), seat collar, bars and stem I have everything else I think.

Athena Rear mech engraved with the Campagnolo script.

Brakes also engraved with the script.

Record cups

Chainset is Veloce engraved with Campagnolo logo.

Vittoria Diamante Pro Radial promise to be superb tyres.

Veloce 10 speed cassette - 13 - 23 (I think!)

All good so far. Tell you what though getting those tyres onto the G3 wheels has got to be the hardest combo ever! I tried and tried but in the end had to use tyre levers to get them on! Broke two in the process....

Ok so my build thread is slightly lacking in step by step pages but here it is pretty much finished (needs a mech adjuster as I borrowed the original for a repair!):

more interested in what looks like Campag C Pista cranks on hanging on the all?

Tel":1z668ssa said:
Ok so my build thread is slightly lacking in step by step pages but here it is pretty much finished (needs a mech adjuster as I borrowed the original for a repair!):

*drool*

Back