Raleigh Dyna-Tech 705

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I bought this frame from another forum member a little while ago and started to gather the parts for an all purpose 'hack' road bike.

I wanted to make it pretty age related and so I started to gather a few Shimano Tricolor bits and pieces together, plus some Ultegra 9 speed shifters / brake levers, and then plans changed, as my unicorn, a Rourke 853, came up for sale.

A couple of weeks ago my daughter decided she'd quite like a road bike, figuring that her brother and dad were having all the fun (little does she know). She came down and tried my Raleigh 853, with the seatpost suitably lowered and to my huge surprise, fitted it like a glove. So, being the kind and generous dad I am, I offered to sell her one of my two spare frames and the one she chose was the Raleigh. I should add at this stage that my daughter is an art teacher (and forum member) so the colour scheme is not all of my doing.

I kept being beaten to Tri 600 rear mechs, and then, by luck found an early Shimano 105 F&R mech, and as the rear mech is pretty much a 600 with a different finish, that started the build in earnest.

The cranks are FSA Vero compact and came from a friend of my son's, the BB is new, forum member Jones supplied the Planet X wheels, pedals are Ritchey spd's supplied by forum member Azaro and other bits and pieces came from stock.

Later this week it will be fited with a suitable 'girlie' saddle and be pressed into service.

Fin.

DSC_0547_zpsa71304f4.jpg

DSC_0549_zps7b06872b.jpg

Don't worry about the little orange thing, it's just an arrow I used to hold the bike up. :mrgreen:

Love it. Found her the perfect outfit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,375
Tel":3qe15aii said:
Colour scheme and bike is great! I love it :D

See Dad, nothing wrong with the colour scheme! If I'm going to commute to work, it needs to be in style... Okay, it needs to be in a style no one else is doing! I'd say this is less vibrant than the rainbow P7!

KatieMacK":1fjrqbkc said:
Tel":1fjrqbkc said:

See Dad, nothing wrong with the colour scheme! If I'm going to commute to work, it needs to be in style...

Well no self respecting thief will ever nick it as it would be too easily noticed :LOL: :LOL:

The History Man":2ry8hg8a said:
And the outfit ?

I'll get some bib shorts in that pattern the minute they're available.

47p2":2ry8hg8a said:
KatieMacK":2ry8hg8a said:
Tel":2ry8hg8a said:

See Dad, nothing wrong with the colour scheme! If I'm going to commute to work, it needs to be in style...

Well no self respecting thief will ever nick it as it would be too easily noticed :LOL: :LOL:

I think male thieves would fear they'd look gay on a purple and pink bike, so I reckon I'm at least 50% safe! And it'll be too big for most girls. Takes me up to at least 75% safe. Plus the noticeable thing. About 85% safe overall!

I'd nick it :shock: If i was that way inclined of course :D

What better way to impress the ladies than with a pretty bike. Speaking of which NeilM's daughter* I think I may have just the bike for you......

Back