So it's not retro but

47p2

Senior Retro Guru
I saw this at a mega super bargain price and after a test had to buy it, not the usual run of the mill carbon jobbie but something a little different

Sadly I am away from home so can't upload pictures so here is a wee teaser for now

Answers on a postcard ;)

Attachments

• newbike.jpg
    newbike.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,075
Had to fit new bearings in the front hub today, bit of a pain getting the snap ring off to remove the bearing covers but apart from that everything else went well

The quality of the finish to the carbon is amazing, the quality of the complete package is awesome and it goes like a train

1-1.jpg

Sram Force groupset, my first time using Sram and it's nice
2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

It had a yellow tyre on the front as you can see in the picture and looks so wrong. I had an old Pro3 that I have put on until I buy a nice new pair of matching tyres

Aghh. I thought the black tyre was the old one and the yellow was the new. Yes black looks better! Have seen these bikes before and always get good reviews. A set of carbon clinchers would look nice although not necessary! Bet it accelerates and climbs well. A nice steed indeed.

N

I managed to do my 13 mile test route tonight, the bike is something else when you get out the saddle and give it some beans, managed to knock over 1 minute off my best time so happy with that. Just need to decide what tyres I'm going to put on it now

EDIT...

I thought my Ultegra brakes were sh*t hot but the Sram Force brakes are something else, I never knew bike brakes could be so good

Distributed by RST Cycles who have ex-pro Chris Walker on board who wouldn't sell anything he didn't think was OK. They are nice frames and they also make some nice tri-bars etc.

I have to say that because I've got some....................

Trigon's carbon is a work of art Old Ned, far superior to most of the stuff you see out there.

I went for a spin today on the Trigon, even I could not believe how easily it goes uphill. The 22 mile cat4 route with a total elevation gain of 1375 feet was a perfect chance to see what the bike was capable of and I managed to lop a whacking 4m 7s off my best time

Was it the bike, or the Conti 4000s, or possibly even me being fitter? 4 minutes is a lot to gain in 22 miles especially as the usual fast slight downhill section had a headwind so I never made up my usual time gain there, it definitely climbs faster and I certainly didn't feel as fatigued as on previous times. I like this bike a lot...

Now with matching Conti 4000s
P1050608.jpg

Before I went out for my cycle colnagokid arrived at my door with a nice Rolls saddle for my ALAN, so I have now fitted it and will go out for a leisurely tootle around town this afternoon to try out the new Athena crankset and Campagnolo BB, and will take a spanner just incase the saddle needs adjusting

P1050607.jpg

Was it a new/unused bike?, if so why did you have to renew the wheel bearings?, woudn`t expect to have to do that if it had been PDI`d correctly on a new or little used machine

Back