And a bigger update today!
On thursday, an enveloppe arrived from the UK with Bugloss' axle inside! Thanks again for helping me out! At first, it looked like this:
One hour, loads of grease and finetuning later, it looked like this:
On Friday, I got even better news. The frame was ready for pickup. This is how I got it home:
I'm pretty pleased with the result, considering that it only costed me more or less 30 pounds. I asked if it was possible to apply a thin layer, to keep the edges of the lugs sharp. There are some small flaws and it isn't the perfect quality of a wetpainted frame, but still I'm very happy with the result. The lugs are sharp, and the serial number on the non-ds dropout is still visible. Even the 'Campagnolo' letters on the dropout are still visible.
Yesterday and today I've done some work on the frame:
-removed the duct-tape that protected the chrome and cleaned this mess up
-applied the decals
- installed the BB
- installed the headset
- installed the shifters
- did the luglining with black and gold enamel paint, a good paintbrush and a lining pen
Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do with the rebuilding of this bike
I'll keep you updated when I find time to work further on the bike!