F. Moser 51.151 bike

bishop88

Retro Newbie
This is one of my steel vintage bikes with embossed details of Moser's hour record. The frame material is Oria GM 0.0 which is a pretty light tube set. The bike is in really good condition and built with campagnolo c record components - my favourite parts though are the delta brakes. Although widespread opinion is that they don't work very well i think that they are powerful enough and have good modulation. I was fortunate enough to pick this bike up from Germany with hardly any apparent use. The chrome work is like the day that it was purchased. There is a faded selle Italian turbo bio saddle on it which is why there is a saddle cover, I might get a nice rolls saddle to replace. This will find pride of place beside my eddy merckx colombus max and basso loto slx ( currently being refurbished). Hope that you like it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 649
Nice mate.

I like Delta brakes as well, I think they got some bad press. When I pull the lever, they stop the bike. No fuss.

The First Delta Generation was the Problem. They only got 4 Points/Joints to get the brake-power to the pads. The Second ones got 5 and they stop for real

Giosgremlin":tpazuh2i said:
The First Delta Generation was the Problem. They only got 4 Points/Joints to get the brake-power to the pads. The Second ones got 5 and they stop for real

I have three pivot and five pivot, can't really tell the difference myself, but then I try to avoid using them so I don't wear the anodising from the rims!

The only awkward things is the odd size Allen key required to adjust the brakes, I think it is 3.5 mm - rare as hens teeth...

Back