1995 Colnago Master Olympic

Rolling Thunder

Retro Guru
Finally finished and home!
1995 Colnago Master Olympic.
61cm seat tube, centre to top. 58.2cm top tube. 130cm Colnago Pantographed stem.
44cm Velo Orange Grand Course bars with Brooks honey leather bartape.
Velo Orange Grand Cru seatpost with honey Brooks Swallow saddle.
Ambrosio Excellence rims with 32h Ambrosio Zenith hubs and Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp tires.
Campagnolo Athena 11 silver groupset.
Campognolo Borraccia Biodinamica Water Bottle.

2lqu.jpg

mtry.jpg

9vbf.jpg

dskj.jpg

u8u1.jpg

Hi,
That looks mint, fabulous.
How are you getting on with the Swallow saddle? It looks brand new, so I guess will need breaking in.
I have a team professional saddle on my Dawes tourer. It's the best seat I've ever owned.

Nice bike

mrcpea...thanks!

It is mint! It's been on display since being built in 1995. I checked it out with Colnago, before buying. It had parts fitted and that was it. I has a paint chip from the shop in Holland, and that's about it.

The Swallow was horrible on the first ride...painful! Second ride was fine. I've put on the proofide and have it just loose enough to be bearable!

I'm a big old lump, so hopefully the breaking in process won't take 6 months!

I've never had a Brooks, so i'm looking forward to it, and am going to use it all summer on both my bikes to help with the breaking in process!

Tremendous paint-scheme - cracking condition.

Must say i'm very taken with the Athena Groupset - looks nicely retro but with 11 speeds - that has to be a winner.

Very nice build indeed.

Thanks FINNEY1973 & kgt!!!

I had the Brooks knocking about anyway, and didn't want to spend £££s getting another saddle.

It looks like I'm going to strip this soon to hand it all on a Gios Torino Super Record!

Back