giant speeder lite - early 90's - now refurbished

ktuludays

Old School Hero
Here is my giant speeder lite. I have owned it for a year as i bought it when i first got the cycling bug thinking i would upgrade later last year.

I love riding it so much and love the retro look and downtube shifters that i feel no need to buy a new, uglier looking, modern bike.

Bike originally cost me £105 with the specialized saddle which retail at £90 in my lbs (je james, chesterfield).

I have just upgraded the wheelset (old rear wheel cracked) built around mavic a119 with new shimano 9 speed hub, 7 speed cassette (11-28t) original cassette was 11-23t and was a killer on the hills in the peak district. also fitted a new chain. replaced front derailleur with a nos item as original was rusty.

groupset is shimano exage 300ex and shifts lovely.

rubber is continental ultra sport which have done well over 500 miles so far.

pedals are shimano r450 which i bought last year new.

bike has a few bis of patina but i like that as it adds character.

Re: giant speeder lite - early 90's?

to save adding a new post i have added to this one.

here is my giant speeder lite after a full refurb - frame has been powdercoated with new decals and all bits polished and cleaned up. new bar tape, new charge spoon saddle, new cables. chainrings are also stronglight ones which i was given - original were 52/40 but now riding 52/42.

there is a little twist to the original bike as it was - see if you can spot it. it may not be to everyones taste and the purists may not like it but i love it.

first pic is before
2013-07-04193900.jpg

2014-07-31074940.jpg

2014-07-31074949.jpg

2014-07-31074958.jpg

2014-07-31075007.jpg

2014-07-31075025.jpg

Really nice but I would have put Giant stickers on it.

Great colour choice and rebuild though.

An early Giant road bike is nothing to be ashamed of plus, the Holdsworth decals aren't aligned correctly so it looks like you'll have to take them off anyway :)

I'm definitely no purist either...I have a fake Cinelli Laser :roll:

Back