New Old Bike

poppy

Retro Newbie
Picked this up today. Don't know anything about it but it's very pretty.
It's got lovely engraved handlebars, coureur 66 brakes, Ideale seat, milremo stem.Does anyone know anything about it? age? Make or anything, not the original paint

please raise and level the saddle and lower the h bar stem a bit.

my quill stem fetish continues.....

Thanks guys. Will get some more pics today.Going to attempt to very carefully remove the crap paint job and see whats underneath. Maybe that'll be a clue as to what it is?

Thats a nice find.I would say there is a fair chance its a Dawes red feather.Does it not say dawes on the head badge?

Shame about the paint but you seem to have most of the original parts. Definitely a Dawes headbadge, the GB Coureur 66 calipers came in around 1961. The engraved bars are probably their Dawes Concorde, if you take back the tape on the right end it should be stamped on there. It looks like a Huret RD does it say anything on it? Its all looking early to mid 60s but some close up pics may narrow down a model. Could be a Red Feather but I think they had a Campag Gran Sport RD, a lot of their other models used Benelux.

I'd lower that stem if you're going to ride it, it looks about to drop out :)

Definately looks like a dawes head badge and i'd give that paint work a good t cutting for now to improve what's spoiling a lovely frame :) ..

Thanks that's very interesting, Yes it say's Dawes on the head badge. Got down to a bit of the original paint and it looks a bottle green colour. It's shot though so going to strip it down and get in resprayed preferably as it was if I can definately indentfy it.Also noticed it says Normandy made in France on both wheel hubs. Took a few more pics

Maybe some funny angles but i'm struggling on crutches with a broken hip after a bike accident. Hence my new project which I've got to pass the time until I can ride again :D Some of these pics show the state of the paint. Yuk and it's every where!

Back