kelloggs pro tour

Chute55uk

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
Hi guys, I don't usually venture this side of the tarmac (well not retro anyway)
I've just scored a time machine Raleigh Kelloggs pro tour. the guy I'm getting it from bought it new in 1989 to do the London to Brighton and carried on doing so for 12 years or so then parked it in his garage to gather dust.
no rust or damage on it (just dust) original everything excluding the bars as he had them replaced after an 'off' and the tyres were replaced with the same models. no pedals as he uses clips and straps and nicked them for his replacement.
He's going to bring it to work on Tuesday and i will strip and re-grease the bearings and replace my Marin commuter with it.
Just saying, Pics up when I get it.
£50 paid :D (he wanted to give it to me for free :shock: )

I hope it's tiny so I'm not at all jealous ;) looking forward to pics. I like a good back story.

I've got an 87 kelloggs pro tour i've owned from new, its been so reliable and bulletproof - looking forward to the pics!

The History Man":1pbh6q1l said:
Already in your sig? :LOL:
Yea lol
Ot, I was out on a club ride sat and I passed an older gent on a cb dalesman so I started chatting and he said he bought it new in 1959 when he was in the Marines and he is now 82. His parting words were "young man, never stop cycling" I think people like him are the best people in the world. :cool:

Fair play. Just taken custody of and restored my father in law's 53 Armstrong. See rbotm.

Back