Orange Dynamo '93 - '13

gingernuts/badger

Senior Retro Guru
hiya, this has been around a bit on here but she's staying with me now.
the braze-on cracked many years ago i was told and ground off
some bits i had - some bits are on the bike-to-work and i'm now commuting everyday on her
as opposed to my normal il pompino. For some daft reason (as i'm a singlespeed mtber) i rode from home to Northumbria on it (110miles in a constant headwind) not long after building it and i recently did 70 odd supporting the wife on the Way of the Roses - so it's getting some use!

Frame: Alu Orange Dynamo 54cm
Fork: Carbon 1" Profile ARC

Headset: King Nothreadset
Stem: 1" Salsa Road Ahead - not gripping the bars enough though, keeps slipping!
Handlebar: 3ttt Ergo Podium
Grips: Cinelli grey

Brakes:105
Brake Pads: 105
Brake Cables: Clarks
Brake Levers: 105

Shifters: 105
Front Derailleur: 105
Rear Derailleur: 105
Derailleur Cables: Clarks
Cassette: 105
Chain: 105
Cranks: 105

Hub Skewers: Hope ti road
Wheels: Mavic Aksium system

Saddle: Flite ti
Seatpost: USE
Seatpost Binder: X-Lite

Attachments

• IMG_5392.JPG
    IMG_5392.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_5556.JPG
    IMG_5556.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_5558.JPG
    IMG_5558.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 695
hi ,alright isnt it , i guess nickel plated which i found out is the coating on my recently aquired p7. Orange still seem to provide good looking rd bikes, i saw a really tidy orange cyclocross in my local bike shop window recently £1000 alloy.... i notice the welds are always consistant and not too :eek: bulky,tiagra,disc brakes... i must try out disc brakes one day

hiya - well it's up for debate on these frames - some say Nickel plated whilst others anodised.
I have to say having had a nickel P7 i think this frame has been anodised, it's also got a slight greeen tint in some lights.

and i've never seen an Orange cross bike! Have you got a picture?

my pompino has a disc on the front (on 23c tyres) but thats for safety in the mental Leeds traffic.
road brakes a bit scary, i'm still getting used to them

hi i am not near the shop window at the mo . You can google it its called the rx9 . its a nifty looking thing its either metallic or pearlescent orange , the forks go well with the frame, i wondered about a cyclocross as an alternative to touring/audax what do you reckon ? a bike that could be a street rat as well as a trainer .Is
there any thing a cyclocross ca nt do compared to a mountain bike ?

Looks good built-up! - I didn't get anywhere with it.

I don't think this is anodised. I did some legwork with it when I was debating restoring it or not and we found it had been nickel plated after getting checked at BAE Systems. This is a straightforward process for steel but not for aluminium. The cost of stripping and re-plating it was ferocious and after a lot of calling around I only found one place in the UK to do the work.

I like that you've left the original decals intact - however, if you fancied a change, Gil M has the exact right decals for this bike on file.

Back