Royal Enfield Revelation

Hi Cockroach, I have recently got hold of a revelation, or it would be more truthful to say, frame and forks. just wondering if you still have the parts you stripped from your original, I would like to try and rebuild mine as original as possible. I would be grateful if you could let me know if you still have them and how much you would be willing to take for them. Thanks in anticipation, Chris.

Nice to see a Revelation on here: )
I got a couple & if there is any real interest I'll upload some more pics. Plus I have done a bit of research on these machines.

These are rare bikes, only made for 18 months or so before Royal Enfield went bust.
Don't compare them with your Raleigh 20 machines, etc. Revs were designed as load carriers & they are tough, with a longer wheelbase!
Excellent for customising if they need a repaint; )

They will take 22" wheels also:

Here with a coaster rear. Changes the machine totally for me.

Here's a good pic of the varieties available in 1966ish: )

I recommend Revelations; )
Be different, go retro & have fun.
John.

Re:

nice ones,original saddles look in really good nick.by the time ive warmed the engine and demisted i could have been half way up the shops.albet really nifty round the foot paths.

I'm not a big fan of the mattress saddles, but they are comfortable.
Give me a Brooks every time; )
Or Turbos.
Quite nifty on the road too: )

Anybody notice the chain-wheel on the blue one above?
Royal Enfield alloy from early 50s! Very early for an alloy chain-set.
Taken/borrowed from my early 50s Royal Enfield Superlight.
As on the Royal Enfield Bullet from 1949 & rare as, whatever.....
Bulletspec.jpg

Royal Enfields have a long, illustrious history: )

pretty smart so clean looks modern[looks slightly like the symbol for radio activity].the big one in pic one looks good an all.i will have to start paying more attention to chain rings. well done mate !

I always thought it was cool. Some people don't 'get' small wheelers, but I do; )
It ain't Radioactive (I know what you mean: ) but it's nice innit?
A good chain-wheel with the right number of teeth is always good: )

Re:

Alert for Revelation fans, there's one on eBay ending in couple of days. What's the fascination?

Biscuit

Back