Here's my 1949 Rotrax La Premier Model.
Hand built by the later Rotrax Cycles Shop in Shirley high street, Southampton.
Ive restored & had a polish up with some minor changes.
Before- In Brunswick green colour
Frame Strip, Overall the frame was good underneath the old paint, just some light pitting and a small pin hole on the forks which I had brazed up, the chrome is still in good condition.
And some restored pics - Flambouyant Purple with Ivory Inlay & Gold lug lining.
Spec List - Frame & Fork
- Rotrax 1949 La Premier Model, Reynolds 531 Tubing.
Stamped 49112 on BB & fork steerer tube.Frame & fork size
- Seat Tube 22" (56cm) Top Tube 21 1/2" (55cm).
Head stock 5" (130mm) Headset 1".
Fork steerer tube 6 1/4" (160mm).Crankset
- Williams C34 Steel , Made in England.
(stamped inside chainring E.B.W sword trademark, AL=1949.
Arms - 6 1/2" Chainring
- 48 Tooth.Bottom Bracket
- Bayliss Wiley, steel, Made in England.Headset
- Brampton Alacet, steel Made In England , Aluminium Spacer & Locknut.Brake Calipers
- GB Hiduminium Side pull, Fibrax Blocks.Brake Levers
- GB Adjustable. Stem
- GB Hiduminium Arrow head, quill size 22.2mm, 90mm reach, 25.4 clamp. sizePedals
- Conloy Constrictor Boa, 9 1/16 threads.Toe Clips
- GB Stainless Steel.Rims
- Dunlop Aluminium LA 27" x 1 1/4" HP KR, 32 Spoke front, 40 Spoke rear.Hubs
- ? Loose ball, Grease nipples, chrome plated steel & Flip flop rear.Rear Sprocket
- Cyclo 3 Speed 20-16-14 Tooth, & 16 Tooth fixed cog.Rear Derailleur
- Suntour VX-S, Aluminium, stamped - VL = 1977 -1985 ?Gear lever
- Brooks Competition B75 (1975).Seat Post
- ?Handle Bars
- GB Maes 1950's.
Hope you like & Thanks for looking