I probably should have just gone down to the local bike shop but I was busy polishing bits and bobs all day!
So I've stripped the bike down, just need to get a chain link remover to get the chain off and also need to split the bars from the fork.
There's a bit of movement in the bottom bracket which my cycling mad mate is going to have a look at on Monday, might just need tightening up as there's no nasty bearing noises.
Here's some pics of what I've been up to...
The wheels started off like this! Yuck
With some tin foil, water then some brasso I got them looking like this! Pretty amazing what a piece of tin foil can do!
Began to strip down the Miller dynamo, polished up the front and rear lights
I've also polished up the seatpost and saddle metal work as well as cleaning up the leather. Come out rather nice but forgot to get a picture!
Started looking at cleaning the frame up a bit, most effective method I've found is to use 800 grit wet and dry to remove the surface rust without damaging the paint underneath or the decals. I should have it finished within the next 2 days!