80S Daccordi

Lasttye

Retro Newbie
My 80s Daccordi,
Campagnolo C Record Groupset, with Campagnolo Large flanged sheriff star hubs, Rims Campag Sigma Pave, Vittoira Corsa Tubs, and Colbolto Brakes, Delta Brake Levers The Pedals are C Record, with Campag toe clips and Campag straps. Saddle San Marco Rolls, Cinelli Bars/Stem.
Just got hold of a New old stock, Regina Extra CS X Freewheel and Chain which i will fit next week.

Astonishing kit on that, did you build with NOS or spend hours in the shed with polishing tools?

Do you really ride with the seat pin that high?

I'd prefer amber wall veloflex but that's just a personal comment...:D

bikenut2010":18zqlcx5 said:
Astonishing kit on that, did you build with NOS or spend hours in the shed with polishing tools?

Do you really ride with the seat pin that high?

I'd prefer amber wall veloflex but that's just a personal comment...:D

The Frame is 21.5, Top tube 55mm CtC , Seat tube 54t C, I am 6ft and agree the Seat Pin is high, so maybe the Frame is a little small for me, I seem to be stuck between a 54 and 56.
You will notice the Seat pin is a Richley, I have a Campagnolo Super Record but the length was to short for me.
The Bike was stored for years so it is immaculate, Just a few chips around the frame. What attracted me to this bike was the Hubs.. which are rare and the Colbolto Brakes.
I have a Cannondale Super X, Specialized SL2, and a Yeti Arc X.
But this Daccordi is the most comfortable and best climber i have every ridden, Its actually 8lbs heavier that my Cannondale.
Cheers.

Cheers
Agreed! I have a Daccordi Furioso and is a stunning ride; weight seems inconsequential in some respects, this and my Colnago are both heavier than my carbon bike but seem to want to climb...

Attachments

• daccordi.jpg
    daccordi.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 744
bikenut2010":gnuzi6h0 said:
Cheers
Agreed! I have a Daccordi Furioso and is a stunning ride; weight seems inconsequential in some respects, this and my Colnago are both heavier than my carbon bike but seem to want to climb...

What a stunning bike thanks for sharing, I notice your pedals on the bike, I got hold of a pair of NOS C Record Pedals which I thought would complete the bike, however my Sidi Shoes would not get into the clips...So i bought a pair of those retro Dromarti Leather lace ups, i also fitted slotted cleats which was a bad move fcuking dangerous ...so I removed them.

What size is your Daccordi bye the way?

Mine? 55x55 I think, I'm 5'8' and is perfect...I have some retro shoes, Vittoria and Diadora with Look cleats for the Daccordi, with toe clips I don't use cleats...

What isn't to like about that - classic looking bike, really like the colour-scheme and a lovely collection of parts - very classy indeed

Back