British Eagle touristique

Mr.E

Dirt Disciple
Bought this frame very used and in a bad need of a respray. It was not for me but i ended up keeping it.

I stripped the frame by hand, polished the steel and had it painted. It will have a modern groupset in the future but for now this is a low budget project.
I still have to do the lug lining and decide on the decals, the original ones are just too big, so maybe i will make a variation with a smaller font.
I have to buy a lot of stuff for it but this is how it stands right now.
I have been reading about it, even if it´s not in the same league as the big boys (BJ, Mercian,Hetchins, etc...) i think it´s still a pretty nice bike and i just love classic british tourers.
I will use it for light touring, confort long(ish) rides.

Untitled by Mr. E Himself., on Flickr

A very nice looking machine what sort of brake will go it this cycle? Presume cantilever?

Spokesmann":1hpr7jk5 said:
A very nice looking machine what sort of brake will go it this cycle? Presume cantilever?

Tektro CR720 brakes and RL340 levers.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm already planning my next build - and this is a lovely colour indeed. I'll keep it in mind! It's a lovely looking frame - I'm sure it will ride really well.

N

I believe it will ride easy no hands, it won´t be a racer but i´m sure will be comfy and steady (my favorite kind of bike).

Midlife":39ujts3n said:
The lugs have been kept nice and crisp :D ......who painted it ?

Shaun

An auto painter, it´s a ok (but just ok) paintjob.

I think everything will pop after i do the lug lining and apply the decals. The frame as is looks way too neutral.

Back