1964 Carlton Corsa-Strada

Spokesmann

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Here are a few images of a cycle I shall be picking up later next week. This bike has been in the same family for nearly 50 years, the owner having had it since new. It's unmolested save for the bars and wing nuts on the front wheel. I'll be changing this one back to drops with new some NOS bars I have, Tressorex black bar tape and a pair of new Michelin WTs. The owner has agreed to sell this one to me as long as it is not sold on and that it will be ridden. Suffice to say it will! I'm very pleased to have secured this one and is my first full bike purchase for some time. These are a few of the owners images. More on the 'build'/refurbishment as it goes...

003_zps7fd2463c.jpg

009_zps06db625f.jpg

010_zps0da30632.jpg

011_zps665dc56f.jpg

013_zpsc4c4055c.jpg

008_zpse01f2a5a.jpg

Blimey, looks like it's been trapped in a time warp :D Campag gear lever with the name raised as well with the hole in the stem for the front brake cable.

Might be tempted to swap the seat bolt as it looks a bit "snaggy" :)

Hot and sunny here today so just the day for it ............

Shaun

Midlife":1lvu0m4z said:
Blimey, looks like it's been trapped in a time warp :D Campag gear lever with the name raised as well with the hole in the stem for the front brake cable.

Might be tempted to swap the seat bolt as it looks a bit "snaggy" :)

Hot and sunny here today so just the day for it ............

Shaun

Yes spotted that one, I have a large amount of parts I can salvage one from...

Probably going to replace the cables with some new ribbed white NOS too.

Looking forward to picking up this lovely bike tomorrow. One owner from new.... :cool:

An absolute classic, its amazing how 50/60 year old bikes still turn up like the day they were new. Carlton had a great choice of paint colours :)

Carlton's always looked and rode well :) Easy to sell in the shop when people had a few extra quid and wanted something better than the equivalent raleigh :) Kermesse and Equipe were absolute stunners for the money :D

Shaun

Back