From Portugal - MASIL Reynolds 653 (LARGE PHOTOS)

RuiRoseno

Dirt Disciple
Hello, here I present to you my retro bike.
This is a Portuguese brand that made the best road bikes from the 70's and 80's to Portugueses athletes for the Volta a Portugal.
I've contacted the founder by myself and he helped me on achieving this wondeful project.

It has gaved me the best rides I had. So fast and nimble that I could't ask for more.
I know that all the components are not from the same age, not even from the same groupset but that's what I wanted. I wanted a retro look but with some modern components like the rims and brakes.

Hope you like.

Parts:
Frame: Masil - Reynolds 653
Front derraileur: Campagnolo Athena - 1991
Rear derraileur: Campagnolo Super Record 2nd Gen - 1987
Shifters: Campagnolo C Record Syncro II - 1990
Hubs: Campagnolo Super Record - LF 32H - 1974
Handlebar: Cinelli 66 Champione del Mondo - 1980 with brooks tape
Stem: Cinelli 1E - 1980
Brake levers: Campagnolo C-Record Aero - 1987
Brakes: Campagnolo Veloce - 2012
Crankset: Campagnolo Record Strada - 1962
BB: Campagnolo Record Bottom Bracket 68-SS-120 - 1980
Cassete: Regina Syncro S 92 - 7Speed - 1992
Stem: Campagnolo C Record Aero 27mm - 1990
Pedals: Campagnolo Aero Chorus - 1988
Headset: Tange Levin 1" - 2012
Saddle: Brooks B15 honey

img2850m.jpg

img2851z.jpg

img2852sn.jpg

img2853bl.jpg

img2858z.jpg

img2861x.jpg

img2859df.jpg

img2860gv.jpg

img2862a.jpg

img2856fg.jpg

img2868j.jpg

img2867rn.jpg

img2864al.jpg

img2857t.jpg

img2865m.jpg

img2866d.jpg

img2854sr.jpg

img31682.jpg

Thanks for watching :D

Ups sorry I'm new here. So the post is in wrong location I'm not selling this bike. I think this was a thread for showing user bikes, not for sale sorry

I'm not sure but the frame was built by 82 and 85 I guess

That is beautiful - fantastic attention to detail. What a lovely badge on the head tube... Always nice to see a brand you've never heard of.

Few of the parts seem to match - and that's not a criticism by the way. Is that deliberate? Did you just build it using what you had?

Yes... You have put 30 years worth of Campagnolo on one bike and made it look normal- even inevitable. Nowhere near as easy to do as you have made it look. That's a compliment! A subversive new therapy for groupsetitis.. :)

Great looking bike, too bad it's not a complete groupset, but that's my opinion.

I have a Portuguese Rodaplana, the former name of the Masil brand, which had to be abandoned for legal issues, great quality and really good details, no doubt your Masil has the same attention to detail has mine had.

You had your frame painted right? Masil uses stickers in the seat and down tubes, I like it better this way, all white with a clean look!

Cumprimentos! (cheers)

Alex_pt
yes it was painted on masil. the bike was originally yellow

Rich34
some parts I wanted to make them by the same groupset but generally because I had all the campagnolo catalog from 70's to 90's and picked the parts for me that I liked most. Some old parts are not so good looking as newer ones in my opinion. I spend almost everyday for about 2 months idealing and thinking the perfect part for this bike and the general overcome was exactly what I wanted. The only thing that don't make it look old or vintage is the rims but I like this kind of rims matching with the veloce brakes :) thanks for all your compliments it was a great fun making this bike and an enven more riding it almost every weekend.

Back