Raleigh Twenty 1978

Polco

Dirt Disciple

Attachments

• IMGP5583 (Medium).jpg
    IMGP5583 (Medium).jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 2,927
I really like that! :cool:

I've got a Puch mini sprint I'm going to do up for my son, what are the tyres you've got on that bike?

Thanks for the comments, the tyres are cheap white wall tyres I picked on from Bankruptbikeparts on ebay, £10 for the pair!

They ride great! I actually got the bike on Gumtree as something for my daughter to ride around on, but when I rode it home from the seller I realised how much fun a small wheeled bike can be, so you cn imagine my secret delight when my daughter said she didn't feel confident on it and wanted to wait until she was a bit older before riding it. Her loss is my gain as this is now my ride to work/city centre bike :)

That is a real beauty. Love the colour. It's nice to see something a bit different. It's got me thinking now...

Paul851, I found Gumtree is a good place for these bikes, I've seen quite a few neglected ones going for a tenner. The Nova was one of many names Raleigh gave these bikes, the only differences between them seem to be cosmetic, maybe some have a kick stand or rack and some don't but they are pretty much the same bikes. Just watch for the rusty rims and non existent brakes in the wet if it has the original wheels!
The Dawes Kingpin is also worth looking out for, somewhat rarer than the Raleigh but it uses standard parts rather than extra long bottom bracket shells and non standard thread BB and headset!

Did they only ever make one standard size frame of the Raleigh Twenty? Just wondering what the reach is with drops on?

Great custom refix of the is bike, love it... *cough* I've been selling a Nova 20 for ages on here! :LOL: (pardon my intrusion!)

Back