Specialized Allez American Flyers Replica

RooKilo

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Here is a bike I've been working on in the background since last year, it's a 1993 Specialized Allez. As you can see it's a kind of American Flyers replica :D The frame is very well made and is finished nicely, in particular I like the lugs and bottle bosses. Any comments are welcome!

Frame: Specialized investment cast lugset, Specialized Direct Drive thin walled large diameter Cr-Mo tubes, vertical drop outs, chain and pump pegs. Specialized Direct Drive chainstays.

Fork: Specialized Direct Drive Cr-Mo

Headset: Specialized Pro Steel
Stem: Specialized S3
Handlebar: SR 251 Anatomical
Bar Tape: BBB

Brake Levers: RX100
Brake Calipers: RX100

Shifters: Shimano RX100 7 speed index
Front Derailleur: Shimano RX100
Rear Derailleur: Shimano RX100
Cassette: Shimano HG 7 speed 13-23
Chain: Shimano HG Narrow
Cranks: Shimano RX100
Chainrings: Shimano 39/53
Pedals: Shimano 105, Christophe straps

Rims: Mavic 192
Hubs: Shimano RX100
Spokes: Stainless 14 gauge
Tyres: Michelin Dynamic Classic 700 x 23c

Saddle: Specialized Team Leather
Seatpost: Specialized Direct Drive

Weight: 10.5Kg / 23 pounds

013 by Rookilo, on Flickr

016 by Rookilo, on Flickr

017 by Rookilo, on Flickr

018 by Rookilo, on Flickr

019 by Rookilo, on Flickr

That looks great, you must have had the frame refinished and did you use a donor bike for all the RX100? Again, the results look great and I agree on the nice detailing on the frame :D

It's 100% original apart from tyres, inner cables and bar tape. I stripped it down to a bare frame and forks then cleaned / polished them within an inch of their lives! All the components were cleaned and re-greased, any chrome was given the aluminium foil treatment to remove rust spots. Final assembly was a pleasure :D

Great looking bike :cool: I was watching American Flyers last week (I know :roll: ) and the thought crossed my mind that I wouldn't mind an old steel frame Allez .

Paul

Beautiful! :)
You have done a great job as this looks absolutely brilliant.
Now ride!

Jamie

Back