1969 Cinelli SC New Pictures!

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I haven't posted a bike in a while and since it is a semi-rainy day in So Cal, plus lacking motivation to do much else....

I offer the eighth look into the Bicycle Garage a 1969 Cinelli Speciale Corsa built at what may be the height of the company under the leadership of Cino.

Awhile back I was selling water bottles on the Bay with the goal of acquiring something very nice. What came up was a listing from the Bay Area for a '80s Cinelli frameset with poor paint. The photos were dark but I could tell it was not an 80s bike so I threw in a bid and went to bed.

Well I won and this is what came in the mail:

Attachments

• 69 Cinelli head badge web.jpg
    69 Cinelli head badge web.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,660
  • 69 Cinelli top tube web.jpg
    69 Cinelli top tube web.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,659
  • 69 Cinelli shifters web.jpg
    69 Cinelli shifters web.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,659
  • 69 Cinelli seat lug web.jpg
    69 Cinelli seat lug web.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,659
  • 69 Cinelli front web.jpg
    69 Cinelli front web.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,658
  • 69 Cinelli 2 cinellis web.jpg
    69 Cinelli 2 cinellis web.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,660
  • 69 Cinelli drive side web.jpg
    69 Cinelli drive side web.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,660
Re: 1969 Cinelli SC

The frame was pretty straight but the paint was very poor, you could flake it off with a fingernail. So the first order of business was to remove all of the parts and have the frame aligned.

Everything off the bike and a few bits I had went into the build box, see attached, but I did not have enough period correct parts so a search went out for a parts donor bike...

Meanwhile I had found some bikes online that I used for inspiration

Attachments

• Black Cinelli web.jpg
    Black Cinelli web.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,610
  • My Garage.build box web.jpg
    My Garage.build box web.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 1,610

Yes indeed it will be all Nuovo Record, or rather I should say it "is" all Nuovo Record as this build thread is back dated because the bike is finished. I bought the bike long before i joined RB but have enough pics that I can create a virtual build thread.

Re: 1969 Cinell SC

Midlife said:
Mind you don't stab yourself with the brake QR levers LOL

Nice :D

Shaun
I remember you, you're the one who professed to work in a bike shop in the '70s, and had never seen or heard of 1st gen super record right?
(viewtopic.php?t=235938)
now that's what I call something to go LOL about

It looks so chic, I like the rear shot in stays, black and chrome with red looks stunning, what a find you are a lucky man. What is the tubing?

Back