My new find Peugeot SLX

tarloone

Retro Guru
Heres the frame...amassed some Campag Chorus bits to go on too...

Attachments

• gh.JPG
    gh.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 920
  • DSC02374.JPG
    DSC02374.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 920
Very nice .

Had a 75km ride on mine yesterday , and it rides so nice .

Have you serial number ?

The catalogue only seem to have the 753 version , no slx .

ColnagoC59":1dprgd26 said:
Dont think they ever made a frame with SLX, it looks more like the Chorus 753

They did infact sell an SLX framed model in Europe in 1991/1992, it was also offered as a frame only here in the UK as part of the 1991/1992 model year...same colours as the 753 chorus.

This is most definitely SLX due to the helicoil ribbing evident when I rammed my finger up the chainstays and seattube...oooo eerrr matron!

Frame No is - 0042590
Rear O.L.D 130mm on this too.

A nice compliment to my Record equipped 992 in sig

mu frame number is

0042593 , so wasnt too far behind yours on the production line .

cchris2lou":4nhvsbnt said:
mu frame number is

0042593 , so wasnt too far behind yours on the production line .

Out of interest, what seatpost size is this? and also whats the rear O.L.D of yours- I was expecting it to be 126mm for the most part of a 7 speed Chorus groupset I've got for it, however its actually a solid 130mm so looks like I may have to rethink the groupset aspect, maybe 8 speed newer chorus so I can at least use the wheels out of my 992...I must also add better pics!

Seat post is 26.8, but it is tight .

Will check spacing in the morning . I am using mavic 501 hub with a 6 speed freewheel .

Cheers for post size. Well my Record 8 speed cassette hub wheel @ 130mm fits perfectly but my Chorus threaded freewheel wheel @126mm is like 'sausage up an alley' in there....so I am where I am - At least I can use one set of wheels for both bikes.

Back