Caution - Modern(ish) & Aluminium

FINNEY1973

Senior Retro Guru
The wallet emptier.

Price to put this together wasn't what I had planned but now she's done who cares about the money.

Colnago Asso 2002. Should be Campag I know being Italian but wanted to try Shimano. Completed with full DA 7700 groupset with the exception of hubs. Decided to put some Spinergy's to use (finally). Couple of pairs - Rev X's (boo I hear you say - they're rubbish - well maybe but I'm light in terms of weight so I'm not put off by the stories of exploding rims etc as I don't think i'm heavy enough to stress these wheels out) Then a pair of Spox wheels which are insanely light, I'm more worried about these due to carbon spokes and the roads around here are dreadful at the moment.

Forks are Colnago Force, Colnago branded headset. Stem is Deda Ultra Carbon & bars are Deda sfida - whatever that means?? Selle Italia Titanium Flite saddle, Eleganza bartape and jagwire cable kit (which BTW they've upgraded and is superb). Look pedals, Elite Ciussi bottle cages.

Frame is Columbus Altec2 tubing with some of those famous tube shapes, there's not a scratch on it so thanks top the previous owner who looked after the frame superbly. Needs a trip to the LBS due to a couple of niggles on the gear shifting but went out tonight and it's beautiful to ride, quick, responsive due to being really light - (so much so I think it's lighter than my Ribble Gran Fondo which is full carbon with carbon wheels & seatpost - need some scales to measure & compare).

Hope you like even if it is on the modern side :shock:

Attachments

• IMAG0272.jpg
    IMAG0272.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 775
  • IMAG0264.jpg
    IMAG0264.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 773
  • IMAG0263.jpg
    IMAG0263.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 772
  • IMAG0262.jpg
    IMAG0262.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 773
  • IMAG0261.jpg
    IMAG0261.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 773
Nice bike indeed :cool: Can I ask, does it say jagwire on the outer cable casing ?
If so get some white spirit on the letters! jagwire to me is cheapo stuff.

:D Mille Grazie Santi

Cheers Ian, although to me Jagwire is anything but cheapo stuff. It's a fraction of the width of stock cables, it doesn't fray when cut and doesn't stretch so no need to keep re-adjusting. I think it's top stuff for the money - £23 for a full kit and can be used for campag / shimano / sram as the opposing cable ends have the slightly different shaped barrels. Perhaps it was a bit naff when it first came out? Dunno - didn't use it then but i'd say it's the best mass market product without actually buying the official campag or shimano cable kits. Personal preference I guess :)

FINNEY1973":1zgn2xfj said:
Perhaps it was a bit naff when it first came out? Dunno - didn't use it then but i'd say it's the best mass market product without actually buying the official campag or shimano cable kits. Personal preference I guess :)
It was poor quality when it first came out, The sun would bleach the colours,plastic outer casing used to crack so maybe they have got much better now. :cool:

Well that does sound naff indeed! I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by how good it is - I certainly haven't experienced anything like that :D

Back