Raleigh Castorama Respray

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
Pic from Cyfac of my frame and forks being resprayed - note that they are painting most of the detail rather than using transfers. The only transfers they will use are the Raleigh emblems for the seat tube, and the ones on the seat stays.

Attachments

• Respray 1.JPG
    Respray 1.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 760
That's going to look so good...you can see why they charge what they do!

Wishing I'd bid on it now! :mrgreen:

Martin

Penfold6290":sywsn844 said:
That's going to look so good...you can see why they charge what they do!

Wishing I'd bid on it now! :mrgreen:

Martin
It's a bit easier to justify knowing that they paint it all, rather than just putting stickers on! Nearly full set of Casto stickers going cheap!!

That looks like a real job! I'm remembering rightly this Thierry Marie's bike isn't it? This will look very special when done please don't hold back on sharing pictures ;-))

castorama decals for me please! if of course you are looking to sell them on?
i'm quite glad you decided to go for cyfac doing it, and i'll be intrigued to see the result of the resprayed panels when compared to decals.

having now seen martins beautiful refinished bike, i'm thinking that my 653 and jean-claude garde 753 frames should probably be resprayed.
but then there's that patina of hard use that they have, and i find that so attractive.....perhaps i'll just settle for being the grubby relation who is rarely acknowledged!
richie

bigfatron":toupj51n said:
castorama decals for me please! if of course you are looking to sell them on?
i'm quite glad you decided to go for cyfac doing it, and i'll be intrigued to see the result of the resprayed panels when compared to decals.

having now seen martins beautiful refinished bike, i'm thinking that my 653 and jean-claude garde 753 frames should probably be resprayed.
but then there's that patina of hard use that they have, and i find that so attractive.....perhaps i'll just settle for being the grubby relation who is rarely acknowledged!
richie
Just get one of them done!! Yep, remaining decals are available. Will gather them up when they are all back with the frame, which will hopefully be with me next week.

Back