ZEUS

OverLoad

Old School Hero
Hello, recently acquired tatty racer, some rust here and there.

top of the shelf 300ex groupset :facepalm:

interestingly it has both mounts for downtube shifters AND gear cable adjuster fittings on the headtube for brifters.

tt 56 c-c
st 56 c-c

mostly i use it for commuting

it does not stand anywhere near some of the restoration projects i've seen here

Attachments

• 708 026.jpg
    708 026.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 721
  • 708 025.jpg
    708 025.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 721
this is the result, front mech not fitted yet, front wheel got 6 spokes replaced due to snapping. Rear only one spoke on the block side.

Attachments

• 1002417_181172305376618_591656800_n.jpg
    1002417_181172305376618_591656800_n.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 584
what.... 'frame snapped ? ! lol least you didnt fork out £400 on getting your old racer on the road.then realised
you had a classic and had to take all the bits off again! and start from scratch ! ha
reynolds 708 i dont reckon that is common. ?
got dropped by a guy on a carrera 531 once that was the first time i saw some one charge on the opposite side of the road using the hedgerow for wind shelter!
if aframe cracked when i was on ajourney i guess i could make a splint from jubily clips and er um coat hangers
if on the joint then i would have to use all my boy scout lashing skills and use string and contact adhesive !
m m or even clay ! :p safe ones

oonaff":2a1rxp0v said:
what.... 'frame snapped ? ! lol least you didnt fork out £400 on getting your old racer on the road.then realised
you had a classic and had to take all the bits off again! and start from scratch ! ha
reynolds 708 i dont reckon that is common. ?
got dropped by a guy on a carrera 531 once that was the first time i saw some one charge on the opposite side of the road using the hedgerow for wind shelter!
if aframe cracked when i was on ajourney i guess i could make a splint from jubily clips and er um coat hangers
if on the joint then i would have to use all my boy scout lashing skills and use string and contact adhesive !
m m or even clay ! :p safe ones

hah :D it snapped on the pointy bit of the lug between downtube and headtube. That sharp arrow shaped part of the lug must have penetrated quite fatigue stressed tube. My guess is that cause of this was emergency braking AND. I was still riding it before i was sorting out carrera frame. Crack went almost around the tube, before i changed parts over. I will try not to do the same mistake again.

708 is a little heavier but it feels stiff, comparing to AELLE and 531 which i rode before, and similar to SLX which i own now.

i sprayed waxoil into my tubes , and i think this was a mistake ! im sure its heavier and i can no longer play tubular bells on it ! after getting dropped all those years ago by that guy on that carrera i know their steely s
are alright mate ! sadly no more, just carbon and sloping t tube alloy at Halfords. As they seem to be some what in boardmans shadow. I found out that in a few select halfords store,s they are going to sell pinerelo s .[sp?]

so saga with magnificent exage group and fiddling around with scrap frames came to the end after my french beef steak reynolds 708 carrera got nicked this morning. After i came back from shopping i end up finding empty spot where i left my bike.

+ i will ride bianchi more often

- pity i have to say bye to newly fitted 600 nos headset, £10 bb, £6 kmc chain, air in tubes
and few shiny DT champion spokes

stayin positive

well sounds like you need to concrete a length of chain with a plastic sheath , at yours. if i was going on holliday
i would prob padlock them together inside the house !
still, now is the time to forge a partership with that bianchi, if it is an slx, it must bomb along !
i tried to join a bianchi frame recognition site for you this morning,m m i think there is something up with their
soft wear ! i don't reckon that black is right mate ,especially if youve lost that massive gold head tube badge.
there simply must be bianchi guru's on this site who can help !

Back