My rather odd collection (picture heavy)

47p2

Senior Retro Guru
Starting with my 1947 Humber Sport
Belonged to my wife's aunt who bought it new, I rescued it from her garden when she left it out for the binmen

P1020302.jpg

P1020303.jpg

P1020304.jpg

P1020305.jpg

P1020306.jpg

P1020307.jpg

1980 Peugeot UE8M.
I bought this from the original owner 10 years ago, it has covered less than 100 miles
99.9% original, only the tyres are not as it left the factory but I do still have the originals

1a.jpg

P1050443.jpg

P1050445.jpg

P1050450.jpg

P1050451.jpg

P1050447.jpg

My project bought as a box of bits last week
1980 ALAN Super Record

2.jpg

1.jpg

3a.jpg

1985 Peugeot P10L
I bought this new in 85 from Halfords, then over the next few years upgraded it to a 105 groupset
It has been a great bike and covered over 10,000 miles and still my most used bike
4a.jpg

P1010355.jpg

P1010354.jpg

Look away now if you have a weak stomach...

2012 Focus Cayo 3
P1010356.jpg

P1010357.jpg

5a.jpg

Yesterday's line up
2a.jpg

Nice save on the Humber, the patina on the decals and headbadge is lovely. Hope you can preserve them. It also has side pull brakes which makes
it much more useable than a bike with rod brakes.

What are the bits on the ALAN? It looks a bit like an early Chorus rear mech, but I could be wrong.
If you look on the bottom bracket there is usually a serial number that gives an idea of the year.
That red anodising with the silver lugs is a classic colour combination.

Gook luck,

Johnny

Johnsqual":2uq1ms25 said:
Nice save on the Humber, the patina on the decals and headbadge is lovely. Hope you can preserve them. It also has side pull brakes which makes
it much more useable than a bike with rod brakes.

The Humber's tucked away in a nice dry environment so it won't deteriorate. A bit of an odd one having cable brakes so early as many Humber bikes manufactured lafter 1947 were still being produced with rod brakes. I do wonder if they were a special order.

Johnsqual":2uq1ms25 said:
What are the bits on the ALAN? It looks a bit like an early Chorus rear mech, but I could be wrong.
If you look on the bottom bracket there is usually a serial number that gives an idea of the year.

The date stamp is on the seat post tube and is 1080 which I take to be October 1980

There's a bit of a mixture on the ALAN

Headset - Campagnolo Super Record
Chainset - new Stronglight (I know but it will be changed in time)
Front derailleur - Campagnolo Record 1052/NT (3-hole narrow band)
Rear derailleur - Campagnolo Athena which looks kack and spoiling the looks, waiting on a Campagnolo 4001 Super Record (2nd gen. ver. 1) arriving through the door
Brake calipers - Campagnolo Athena
Brake levers - Campagnolo Xenon composite so they have to go and I'm waiting on some Campagnolo C Record levers arriving
Seat post - Campagnolo Super Record 2.Generation
Stem - Cinelli 1A (early version)
Handlebars - 3ttt Record Grand Prix (dual groove)
Gear levers - Simplex SLJ, Retro-Friction (later version)
Hubs - Mavic 500
Rims - Rigida Ultimate Power
Tyres - Maxxis C1115
Saddle - Intake Race Bodyfit
Pedals and straps new cheap rubbish until I find something suitable

So when it's finished it will still be a bit of a mish-mash but I'm liking the way it looks

Nothing odd about that collection. That Humber is magnificent and it's not often you hear that word used about bikes. The head badge alone is superb - memories of a long-gone era and all that.

Back