Gianni Motta Personal 2001r

Matthew F

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

Here are a couple of pics of my Gianni Motta which I bought at the end of last year. This is the first road bike I've ever owned, having exclusively been a MTB guy up until now. The only parts I've had to replace were a worn chain and cassette, ugly cranks and some uncomfortabe bars. Otherwise everyting is how it was when I picked it up; the previous owner had obviously invested some serious cash at some point to build it up with 9 speed Campag record!

From what I've been able to tell, the frameset was probably built in the mid 80's and will either be Columbus SL or SLX. Either way it rides beautifully and is making for a wonderful introduction to road riding!

Matthew

sidemv.jpg

anglefd.jpg

fronthyc.jpg

:D lovely!
Once you ride road you will never go back!!
My opinion is it just needs chrome/Alu seat post and that will be perfect! :)
James.

Love the colours on it! I'm a bit colour blind(!), but it looks much better than anything you see on a modern bike. I love the chrome forks as well. I was exclusively MTB until last year when I did up an old Raleigh, I do occasionally head back to the dark side though....

Ohhhhh....it's marvelous. One of the most beautiful steel-framed road bikes, I've ever seen! Love the colors too!

Latest posts

Back