Falcon Corsa

Fraz_paterson

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone!

Here's my retro Falcon. I bought it from a market in Glasgow to restore and use for getting about.

I'm no expert on bikes so does anyone know if this is 80's or 90's? I can't find anything about it online. The frame is Reynolds 500 with 12 speed Shimano SIS gears which work beautifully :) I replaced the wheels and brake levers to Shimano. This is the only image I have but I'll put more on when it's clean and the weather is nice.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fraser

Oh and the pic was taken on an old blackberry :?

Can anyone tell me where I can get some original looking handlebar tape to match the neon green? I really don't want to buy brooks. I've searched everywhere.

No, and it will not be easy to find traditional neon green as it's not too retro if you know what I mean, I normally use classic Benotto, Shiny Tape or the more modern Deda..

Re:

I have one of these Falcon bikes too. Sadly not quite in such good nick as yours.

Can I ask if you were successful in replacing the handlebar tape? MIne has black tape at the minute and I think the Green looks much better.

Re:

I traded my Peugeot road bike in for one of these in 1992 absolutely loved my falcon corsa,the original owner sold it to the lbs as he didn't use it,when I got the bike it had the sigma computer mountings but no head unit,but I got in touch with the previous owner who had the head unit,so I cycled round to his house and collected it,beautiful bike it was my pride and joy,can't remember what happened to it tho.

Marc
2011 cube aerial
1990s aende

Back