Medici Pro Strada (in a sorry state)

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Greetings all for the 8th look into the bicycle garage I offer a early eighties Medici Pro Strada that has definitely seen better days. Not sure if the Pro Strada made it to the UK much but it is an Italian bike that was actually made in Los Angeles California, I call it Italian because from the name to the styling and even the threading it seems the builders were trying to make an Italian bike. Masi California was doing quite well making the Gran Criterium in CA so maybe the Medici folks thought they would dove tail into that business model. At any rate the Pro Strada was a nice bike and this one deserves a second chance

As you can see it has many rust issues. It looks to me as though someone was sanding it for paint and then lost interest and finally stored it outside. The rust seems mainly on the surface, O hope.

It is frame only so I will have to find a fork. At first I was going to build it with modern kit but then I read a magazine article from one of my vintage mags about a super light weight build using, of course all vintage parts. So there it is tell me what you think.

Attachments

• medici 5 web.jpg
    medici 5 web.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 365
  • medici 4 web.jpg
    medici 4 web.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 365
  • medici 3 web.jpg
    medici 3 web.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 365
  • medici 2 web.jpg
    medici 2 web.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 365
  • medici 1 web.jpg
    medici 1 web.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 365
Hi Steven,

The bike looks fine - just needs some TLC, Autosol and wire wool - have a look at the Raleigh 5 speed here -

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=248610

Now, THAT is a 'sorry state'!

What are you planning for the Medici?

Richard

Latest posts

Back