Hope this is in the right sectionn
Anyone know what model this is ?
DSCF0179_zpsa552db58.jpg

Does anyone know what size headset bearings and cups fit
Thanks
Chris

Look on the LH BB cup, it will tell you the thread pitch there:

If 1.37(or 1 3/:cool: * 24tpi then it is British
If 1.37(or 1 3/:cool: * 26tpi then it is Raleigh.

The headset thread should be the same as the BB, so if a British BB, it should have a British headset.

If it is for a beater project AND it is Raleigh thread (which I suspect it may well be) you can get the threads re-cut to British, not a big job and any LBS or friendly bodger with the right tools should be able to do it for you.

You will have a hell of a job, if you haven't got a large, heavy workbench and a large vice, getting the DS cup out though (BTDTGTTS)

Had a look at the BB all I can find is IN49 in very small letters, the frame number on the seat tube is NE1434021, Any ideas ?
Thanks
Chris

tiermat":dzrou7r2 said:
You will have a hell of a job, if you haven't got a large, heavy workbench and a large vice, getting the DS cup out though (BTDTGTTS)
Struggling with the acronyms here, but I think you mean the drive-side cup and I'll agree with that :D

Don't bother with a large spanner, adjustable or Stilson, it won't get hold of it properly. I screwed a long bar onto the bottom of my 5" vice, cranked the jaws around the two flats on the BB cup and used the bar to undo it. It was WELL stuck in there! - Or, of course, if your bench is sturdy then you can just turn the frame in the vice rather than upside down like I did it :D

Jonny69":1pa2wjf3 said:
tiermat":1pa2wjf3 said:
Struggling with the acronyms here, but I think you mean the drive-side cup and I'll agree with that :D

Don't bother with a large spanner, adjustable or Stilson, it won't get hold of it properly. I screwed a long bar onto the bottom of my 5" vice, cranked the jaws around the two flats on the BB cup and used the bar to undo it. It was WELL stuck in there! - Or, of course, if your bench is sturdy then you can just turn the frame in the vice rather than upside down like I did it :D

Apologies, yes DS = Drive Side
BTDTGTTS = Been There, Done That, Got The T Shirt...

Back