Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:47 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:27 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Now what I'm really after and I'm serious about this is a KAS 1980's short sleeve jersey. I am fortunate enough to have the chance to get this signed by the great man himself though almost certainly not with me present! Call me sad but I'd get it framed along with the cap ( that I have already, unsigned I might add!) I know you can get replicas but i really want an old one. None on eBay surprisingly, someone must have one of these in the back of a cupboard. Get in touch if you have one you could part with for a payment or know someone who has
Cheers Darren

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:43 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Added pictures with the saddle fitted, apologies for the look pedals!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:25 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

Doubledee wrote:
Now what I'm really after and I'm serious about this is a KAS 1980's short sleeve jersey. I am fortunate enough to have the chance to get this signed by the great man himself though almost certainly not with me present! Call me sad but I'd get it framed along with the cap ( that I have already, unsigned I might add!) I know you can get replicas but i really want an old one. None on eBay surprisingly, someone must have one of these in the back of a cupboard. Get in touch if you have one you could part with for a payment or know someone who has
Cheers Darren

I've got one! It's most probably not team issue but is made by Exteondeo and is very similar to the one in the Sean Kelly 'saddle' photo. It's medium/large size (fits me!) but if you're framing it then no probs. I bought it to add to my 'collection' of trade team jerseys but your need seems greater than mine. PM me if you're interested.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:11 am 

Hi Guys!

Please, I am looking for some Vitus 979 or 787! (Somebody here selling one?)

I am new here, and I do not speak or write in English as I'd like... So, I apologize for the language, for the words I choose...

If you can help me (or anyone reading this), to find some Vitus 979 or 787 (size 56 ~54), in good conditions... I'll be very very grateful, and happy!!!

My direction: cansei123456 (a) hotmail.com

Thanks!

Post subject: Re:Mavic Pedals.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:53 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I bought a pair of these pedals in 1990, being impressed by the concept of sealed bearings and the thought of all those kilometres of professional testing on muddy cobbles.
After about 2k miles one pedal seized. On examination, the seal had broken with the inevitable result.
Unfortunately for me I could no get any replacements, despite ringing the importer, who could not obtain any. In annoyance I sold them on for a nominal sum and bought Campag which are still running.
I now understand that bearings and seals were a standard industrial component. I have not checked, in fact I had forgotten about the whole affair until today.
Good luck with the bike, I only wish I had done something like this.

Roger.