Nostalgy, my first ever road bike...

kbmpi

Retro Guru
Hello there!

Even though I've only owned this bike for 3 weeks, (got it for 95 pounds, sold it for 120) I've gained a bit experience and a few hundred kilometres with it..

The story of the bike.. Back then I was totally amazed by retro 70-80 road bikes, I didn't care about STI-s or ergos, not even considered indexed shifting systems. I was aiming for something under 100 pounds, so in the end, I've ended up with a nice old KTM Strada S, pearly silver colour, with complete shimano 105 Golden Arrow gruppo along with mavic GP4 tubular rims and Conti Giro tubular tyres.

Handlebar stem was 3ttt KTM engraved, the handlebar was also engraved 3ttt. The tubeset of the frame was from the "weekend warrior series" Aelle, though the whole bike weighed less than you'd think. (due to the butterfly weight rims-tubulars, the light gruppo and relatively light frame.. in fact, the bike was lighter than 10 kg I believe.. the top tube length was about 56 cm and the seat tube measured 58 cms..)

Ohh, and ofc, only the front-rear derailleur, crankset, brakes, brake levers, shift levers were from the Golden arrow series, the front hub was GIpiemme sprint, the rear was exage500 (FH-HG50). The bike had 2*7 speeds, I loved the tubular ("singo") tyres but due to some problems with the size (it was too small.. ) I departed from it.. voila, the bike:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1153 ... 6817936337

pictures...

I miss the bike-frame, even though it was too small for my taste :D :D

Latest posts

Back