Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:00 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 am 
Dirt Disciple

kettlo wrote:
Coke bottles have been sourced and ordered! I have a good number coming which i will be offering for sale on here. They are coming from Europe so I am not sure how long they will take to get here. But they seem to be genuine TDF ones spanning a couple of years but I will sort tht out when I get them.....

Looks like we are on the same track ,think I have just purchased 4 bottles from 1993 which look identical to the pictures !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:26 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Im liking this, couple of confirmation points, the tricolour tape was only used that year on Bastille Day though I think you know that, and...Fignon was old school and if you look carefully he didnt use c-record gear levers but simplex retrofriction, these were much superior, (I know I used them in races!) and wernt prone to slippage on high strain, and campag didnt do indexing at that time, but when they did later that year it was crap (i used those too for a short time too!). Hilary Stone has a mint pair of simplex levers for £32, Ive just picked up the other pair he had for my vitus/mavic SSC build. Keep up the good work, great to see a build taking shape and the appropriate attention to detail, :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Doubledee wrote:
Im liking this, couple of confirmation points, the tricolour tape was only used that year on Bastille Day though I think you know that, and...Fignon was old school and if you look carefully he didnt use c-record gear levers but simplex retrofriction, these were much superior, (I know I used them in races!) and wernt prone to slippage on high strain, and campag didnt do indexing at that time, but when they did later that year it was crap (i used those too for a short time too!). Hilary Stone has a mint pair of simplex levers for £32, Ive just picked up the other pair he had for my vitus/mavic SSC build. Keep up the good work, great to see a build taking shape and the appropriate attention to detail, :D :D :D

Thanks for the tip off ,a set of simplex on the way :D is the Vitus build on here ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Coke bottles on way :D :D :D :D Will need to TA cages.........

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:37 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

TimeTrialAce wrote:
Doubledee wrote:

Thanks for the tip off ,a set of simplex on the way :D is the Vitus build on here ?

Not yet, frame is on its way so build should start late next week, I'll post as I go along. Actually while Im thinking about it, does anyone know what type of toeclips Kelly used in his KAS/Vitus/Mavic years?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:19 pm 
Retro Guru

Ok folks got some stufff back from the sign makers today......The Jersey race no is just a print out but if anyone wants the artwork just send me a pm and you can print out your own number, If you want to use it in the wet why not laminate it...

Attachments:
WP_000820.jpg
WP_000820.jpg [ 220.24 KiB | Viewed 505 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Wow! The right number and good find on those bottles :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:30 pm 
Retro Guru

Now, all these stickers are printed on transparent vinyl with a clear protective layer overlaid. This will of course make them waterproof. The bottle stickers wrap around the complete bottle. Obviously if the bottle is used, the fact that you are putting the bottle into the cage and taking it out will wear down the sticker and it may well rip. I don't know, never tried this before. But if you just want them for show then I suppose they look great. In my opinion anyway. Ha Ha....And just for good measure here is a picture of the great man himself using one of my bottles :lol:

Attachments:
Laurent Fignon.jpg
Laurent Fignon.jpg [ 104.41 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]
File comment: Sticker mounted on the bottle.
WP_000825.jpg
WP_000825.jpg [ 171.12 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]
File comment: Close up of the super U bottle wrap around. Great if you can find a white bottle as these are semi transparent.
WP_000823.jpg
WP_000823.jpg [ 226.53 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]
File comment: Close ups of the Maxi Sports and Laurent Fignon Frame stickers.
WP_000822.jpg
WP_000822.jpg [ 237.68 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]
File comment: A close up of the Castelli frame no. Mounted on the Nobi Race Plate.
WP_000821.jpg
WP_000821.jpg [ 182.1 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 pm 
Retro Guru

Doubledee wrote:
Wow! The right number and good find on those bottles :D

The bottles arnt real! I did all the artwork in photoshop and got them printed as above post shows. Not bad Eh!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:51 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Very good! I've just ordered some stick on white letters to restore some mavic brake levers noylthing wrong with that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next