Latest (re) acquisition

BigFoz

Retro Guru
My old Perthus Pro, sold to relative in 1992, he's not ridden it for last 15 years, so I've bought it back for next to nothing. Big job ahead to refurb though after so long without use.

004_zps001d96b7.jpg

001_zpsce39b4f8.jpg

002_zps935089cb.jpg

ANyone know if these are any good - not the originals... (Marked "Superbe")

010_zps258a0acf.jpg

So glad I opened a photobucket account so I could post those...

Any ideas on why they're not visible?

BigFoz":2em6yw5g said:
So glad I opened a photobucket account so I could post those...

Any ideas on why they're not visible?

Just copy and paste the image code and you should get this....

004_zps001d96b7.jpg

Intending to rebuild with Campag Nuovo Record or C-Record (Both age appropriate), after derusting and respraying.

Anyone know what other colours it came in? Don't know I can respray metallic grey adequately from a can... Can't afford to respray another frame, so otherwise it may have to get derusted, treated and stored till I can save up some cash...

Great to see someone else headed down the same road as me :D currently (still!) restoring a white & blue Perthus Pro. Its on its way back to bare metal for a respray. I'm not an expert, but for what its worth, be careful around the bottom bracket area. My frame had very minor corrosion and pitting compared to how yours appears in the photo. Reynolds 753 is extremely thin in places and 25 year old + 753 can be very delicate. Rub the frame down very carfully, especially the lower stays, then get plenty of rust treatment onto the metal. I treated the inside of my stays with a waxoil type preserver, sprayed from inside the bottom bracket shell and the drain hole in the lower stay bridge using a straw.

Hopefully someone can correct me if there is an alternative process to getting the frame restored to its former glory. Good luck and keep us posted.

Back