RaleighRacer's Carlton Corsair

Raleighracer

Retro Guru
So the other day I went and bought myself a couple of bikes to play around with. This thread obviously about the Carlton, the other was a raleigh pursuit btw.

From what I've found on this site and the Internet it seems to be largely original albeit was missing a seat and post. This issue has been solved with a campagnolo (chorus I think :? ) and a tempary San marco rolls - to be replaced with a brown brooks :LOL:

The idea with this bike being a simple rebuild, loose the mudguards and rear rack, possibly fit my front rack if I get into riding this to work - I prefer front racks aesthetically and I won't carry any great weight. Fit a brown brooks and brown leather/cloth bar tape. Regrease and polish it all up, it won't be/isn't mint so I'll happily keep the patina :cool:

On the bike is a hurret milometer with 1354 miles on it - I believe that is all this bike has done since the jockey wheels are still perfect and everything seems in good condition mechanically but storage has took a bit out of the old girl.

as purchased with a seat post added
DSC02781_zpse91bc9b8.jpg

DSC02782_zps48bcdc63.jpg

DSC02783_zpsd1ebbb90.jpg

DSC02785_zps1688ae81.jpg

DSC02786_zpsce6f3d08.jpg

DSC02787_zpsbdc3946b.jpg

let the rebuild commence!!!!

with the help of my sister this with hopefully become a nice tool roll ;)
DSC02793_zps6cf2c05a.jpg

and i used to hate brown bikes :roll:
DSC02794_zpsafde0bea.jpg

bit blury but i love the features on this frame such as these cable guides
DSC02795_zps10b6ac41.jpg

as you can see a bit of rust but nothing to stop me enjoying this bike! :D
DSC02796_zps27d1d577.jpg

the 'to be cleaned pile'
DSC02797_zps55e26564.jpg

the 'i've started to clean but need to carry on/polish/rebuild pile'
DSC02798_zpsc7b4c070.jpg

The Carlton Corsair is a beautiful tourer. I sold mine last year :facepalm:

Spokesmann is the king of Carlton's though :)

Attachments

• DSC02426.JPG
    DSC02426.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 956
Robbied196":10y7ozb0 said:
The Carlton Corsair is a beautiful tourer. I sold mine last year :facepalm:

Spokesmann is the king of Carlton's though :)

Thats a nice looking ride, to me one of the last good looking Carltons - I love them all, but the Corsair still has the look of their bikes form the early/mid 70s. Classic stuff.

Robbied196 - have you sold a mint raleigh pursuit on ebay? cant remember when, maybe up to a year ago? might sound crazy but that photo looks identical to one i remember :roll: :oops:

Back