2009 Specialized Allez Sport aka "Red Stripe"

i12ride

Dirt Disciple
Well, here's my 2009 Allez Sport in oem trim................(it never made it home from the shop when buying it like this tho)

9d456c58_new_rd_bike.jpeg

Lots of parts later and 3.5 lbs lighter..............(only frameset = oem)

8c56b814_allez_06.jpeg

a9e28322_allez_08.jpeg

ee0a9096_allez_11.jpeg

39cdf803_allez_09.jpeg

a3947ec2_allez_14.jpeg

aa5cfb17_allez_13.jpeg

FSA Team Carbon Crankset, USE carbon aero seatpost, carbon stem, carbon aero bars, carbon pattern bar tape, carbon bottle cage, black 105 rr der, red alloy der pulley, SRAM Rival brakes, dura ace cassette, Cateye Strada red wireless computer, egg beater pedals, Specialized Avatar Gel seat, Bontrager Race XLite wheelset, Bontrager 3x puncture resistant kevlar 700x25 tires..........everything swapped saved as much weight as possible without bumping up 300.00 for each part to save just a few more grams. Wasn't worth it to go any further with an aluminum frame. Went from being 21.5 in oem trim to just under 18lbs as is.

I really like your bike. Nice upgrades, must be great fun to ride. Aesthetically is very beautiful, always loved these Specialized frames. Are you planning more changes in the future? A SLR saddle would be perfect in there :)

that is gorgeous. i've been fancying a speciliazed allez for a while now!

its amazing how so much weight can be lost without breaking the bank. i bet that goes like the clappers!

Thanks for the comments. I do have a different seat that looks cooler and is lighter but is no go beyond about 20 miles. It's a bum biter, lol. I hunted around for parts that were significantly lighter than what was on the bike and either black or carbon. The bigger 700x25 tires and puncture resistance added weight there but has been well worth the trade off. I'm about 200 lbs so the 700x23s just seemed like asking for tire troubles. I'm pretty sure there is nothing more to gain in weight reduction on components without spending major coin on it. Being that it is an aluminum frame instead of carbon, I just don't see the need for me to go any further with it. It is fast, nimble & everything I need in a road bike. I do have a 40 mile ride near me I can do that does not involve any riding in street with traffic. Also wanted one for organized charity rides. I do not like riding in traffic anywhere, just don't trust people like that so most rides are in controlled settings. I have busted out on several "in the wild" country road rides but prefer that to be a group thing.

Back