Renovo R1 wooden bike

Stempie

Retro Guru
I already posted some pics of my winter bike (a red anodized ALAN Alu Cross) and here are some of my summer or good weather bike. It is a wooden Renovo R1 with a Dura Ace 25th groupset. I have it in my possession for a little over a year now and I absolutely love it!

7829441254_2c8d04684e_c.jpg

7177023348_80c668e625_c.jpg

I've looked at their web site many times, wonderful looking machines.

Snowflake spokes too, very cool.

In terms of stiffness the ride very much compares to a modern carbon frame. In terms of comfort it compares much more to a modern steel frame. All in all I have found it to be a very nice combination.

does sound very much like a nice combination.

what's the weight on this?

any special requirements in looking after the frame?

Beautiful frames, you might say the "original carbon" fiber bike. Made in my area of the states by an aquaintance of a co-worker of mine.
Oftern displayed at regional bikes shows. They look even better than the pictures show.

i heard about some one making their own wooden bike but this must be it , im thinking now.. 2" marine grade ply< if there is such a thing> as it got shaped then the edge of the individual layers would be stryking..but it would have to be really good stuff...i saw one of calfees bamboo bikes < about £2000 a frame> at boxhill 2012 olympics i wondered what they were like to ride.. your/s as stiff as carbon but as compliant as steel...sounds alright :roll:

There is a UK company that makes wooden bikes, but the models I saw at Bespoked Bristol last year were... uninspiring.

The Revovo bikes really are beautiful.

Back