Longstaff Audax

SNight

Retro Guru
Just won a Longstaff audax frame and carbon forks of ebay for £78! Looking on the longstaff site these are £1100 plus Fork! Ill post some pics when I collect it. Its a bit more modern, not sure of exact age but I suspect its 1990's. Columbus tubing.

Now I need to sort a groupset, something with STI's I think.

Heres the photos of the newley aquired frame. Does anybody have any info or experience of this Longstaff model? I can't find out very much about them, other than that they seem very expensive new! It has a full carbon fork, the rear stays are just painted black to match, this was done when brand new, and its made of columbus Zona alloy tubing. The downtube is triangular in cross section and its a compact frame. Dedicated mudguard mounts on the chainstay bridge and brake bridge (tapped bolts), it also has pump mounting along the seatstay. Cant wait to get it built up, just need to hunt for a groupset and wheels now.

P1020501_zps7b2b5032.jpg

P1020500_zps2f7ffe3c.jpg

P1020502_zps0776ae3a.jpg

P1020503_zps21762723.jpg

P1020504_zps153ea3ec.jpg

P1020505_zps0e72d132.jpg

ha ! i was fishing for de rosa and such like and they are guarenteed to hold their value... you wont catch people napping on those ! and that deff goes for the sellers. all i know about longstaffs is their wicked ! I did not know he built off the peg i thought they were all taylor made with a mixture of tubing in one.. £78 thats one of the most delightfull things ive heard this year that would be theee one touring/audax bike to have.shame its not steel ..still your very lucky in my opinion..is he still trading ?

What a beautiful frame, such a good deal too!. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished article.

£78 thats one of the most delightfull things ive heard this year that would be theee one touring/audax bike to have.shame its not steel ..still your very lucky in my opinion..is he still trading ?[/quote]

:?: :roll:
Columbus zona Is steel....
what a bargain!

don't know that frame but I've seen a couple of frames over the years that George Longstaff made, and they were lovely. Sadly he died unexpectedly young some years ago. He was very well-regarded in the UK.

i beg your pardon it is steel alloy . , ive just been reading a comparison to 853 and its even lighter. I remember reading about one of these in the 90/s < fast/comfortable tourer,handling pin sharp > what, stuck in m mind at that time was that the frame had 753/653 and 531 tubes..i looked at the price shook my head and forgot about them ... untill this topic ! :oops:

oonaff":q91ndn9v said:
i beg your pardon it is steel alloy . , ive just been reading a comparison to 853 and its even lighter. I remember reading about one of these in the 90/s < fast/comfortable tourer,handling pin sharp > what, stuck in m mind at that time was that the frame had 753/653 and 531 tubes..i looked at the price shook my head and forgot about them ... untill this topic ! :oops:

The above needs some serious thinking about...makes no sense.

Roadking.

Back